Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Jeff comments on loss of "unmanaged" corporate traffic/PRASM at JP Morgan conference.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jeff comments on loss of "unmanaged" corporate traffic/PRASM at JP Morgan conference.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca
I suspect that mix will change for me once it becomes clear which fleet is getting Wi-Fi first; I'll preference Wi-Fi over everything else.
x2. I'be flown p.s. so often over the years that I've become accustomed to wifi on United - it's become part of my flight routine; seat in lounge mode, noise cancelling headphones on (UA really needs to bring their old p.s. noise cancelling headphones over to intl. F), straight to my email. Stepping onto anything other than a 3-class 757 is always quite jarring to me because of this. wifi and the SQ spacebeds (which I actually like a lot) make me heavily bias towards p.s., even over the 2-class intl. 757s.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by unavaca
For sure. For short hauls, I'll usually prefer PMUA equipment since I don't need the power and the seats are more comfortable. On tcons, I'm heavily biased toward sCO equipment because of power and DTV. Seats suck, though.

I suspect that mix will change for me once it becomes clear which fleet is getting Wi-Fi first; I'll preference Wi-Fi over everything else.
The irony is that power becomes more important when Wi-Fi is used since Wi-Fi increases power consumption significantly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.