Wiki Posts
Search

Changing Flights After OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
Changing Flights After OLCI

Apologies for what's probably a dumb question; I'm not a pro like you folks.

I have a United ticket to fly SFO-CLT-PBI tomorrow morning on USAir metal (and return Wednesday on United metal via IAH). It's nonrefundable, but changeable for a fee. Normally I do OLCI and print out my BP before going to the airport, so that I'm all set, without even having to use the kiosk. I won't have access to a printer tomorrow, so if I want to to do that, I'd do it today.

But...having heard wildly conflicting stories about the effect of the sequester, I don't know what to do. If it turns out tomorrow that there is chaos, I'd want to change my flights to another week, but otherwise I'd prefer not to. Could I do that before departure but after doing checkin? Or does checking in mean that it's too late to change?

I realize I could wait until tomorrow and check in at a kiosk if my flight's on schedule, but somehow I picture huge mobs of confused people blocking everything. Optimistic, aren't I?

Thanks for any help/advice.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Nothing will happen tomorrow re: the sequester.

Read the newspaper (not that god-awful Yahoo) - and you'll see that it will take 30 days to actually take effect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.