Wiki Posts
Search

CHASE UR points to which member

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:21 am
Original Poster

CHASE UR points to which member

Hi,

I have some Chase UR that I've been saving. Now, when I make the transfer to United Mileage, does it matter if I transfer it to my United account and get a ticket for my mom? Or is it better to transfer it to her united account so she can get a ticket. Or does it even matter?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
It does not matter unless you have status with UA.
If you are a 1K for example and your mom is just a member, if you book from your account, your mom will have your status for that ticket and will get priority boarding, Economy Plus, free changes, no award booking fee.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
You don't say if you or your mom has status on UA. That's the only significant reason I can think if this matters as the status of the person who uses miles to book the ticket is ultimately the status associated with the ticket.

It also might be worth noting that the UA branded Chase credit card allows mileage tickets to be CPU-eligible.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:02 am
Original Poster

ah i see. I don't fly often so none of my family has any UA status. So I guess i'll just buy the ticket via my account and have the ticket under her name. Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:20 am

Just a note, Chase UR T&C only allow transfers to a spouse's or domestic partner's account:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l-account.html

People have been able to do it in the past, but you run the risk of being shut down in the future.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sammyindc
It does not matter unless you have status with UA.
If you are a 1K for example and your mom is just a member, if you book from your account, your mom will have your status for that ticket and will get priority boarding, Economy Plus, free changes, no award booking fee.
I was curious about this too as I'm planning on booking some tickets for my mom. I'm gold and my mom is a member.

Will she get all the premier benefits or just the ones above? Premier access for security lane and 3 free bags comes to mind as being useful.

I understand I should put in her FF # and she will earn the normal miles (nonbonus) for paid flights. Or am I supposed to leave her FF# blank?

Thanks,

Tom9984

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.