Wiki Posts
Search

JQ / Jetstar codeshares?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
JQ / Jetstar codeshares?

Anyone had luck actually booking a JQ codeshare as part of a UA ticket? I had one priced out using ITA, but when I called UA to actually book it the agent (who seemed quite clueful) could not find the JQ flight anywhere in her system. I'm trying to figure out if this was a one-off thing, or if for some reason the ITA tool shows these as bookable/code-shareable segments when in reality they are not?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
to reply to myself, it appears it was a one-off sort of thing... I couldn't get the flight originally listed, but when I moved it to a different JQ flight the UA folks were able to issue the ticket.

The flights appeared identically in ITA, but I *think* what happened is that the flight either sold out or otherwise was schedule-changed or something, because now I can't see it at all.

Observation: when booking a JQ codeshare the UA agent/system has to wait 24 hours for confirmation from JetStar -- they held the reservation and fare, but I did have to call back the next day to get the ticket issued...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.