Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Definite upgrade or direct flight with chance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Definite upgrade or direct flight with chance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
Definitely. Beside - you get to check out the new UC in ORD.
What's UC?

Originally Posted by thomwithanh
I would only add to investigate routings via EWR and UA 28. You'll get a 777 and the pmCO flatbeds that way.
Not a bad idea, though I feel like that adds another 5 hours to the trip... so instead of the original 11 hours, i'm not prob looking at 16. ORD is 13. I know, I know, what's another 3 hours at that point, but it's more like "what's an extra 6"

Originally Posted by ddrost1
Don't check the seatmap. Check the loads in expert mode or EF.
Not great on the direct. Looking at a Wed flight, and no Z and no R available. What's your metric for what has to be available to think you're going to get the upgradE?

Originally Posted by y2k1jetta
But he wants a guaranteed upgrade? He is justifying the stop in ORD with a question to FT.
I will guess he already got the ticket already with the stop in ORD and is now second guessing his decision.
Nope, haven't booked it yet...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by eagle007
What's UC?
United Club - previously known as RCC (Red Carpet Club) or PC (President Club).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.