Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Reservation not ticketing- international CC denied?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation not ticketing- international CC denied?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM GS, Delta Skymiles Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Question Reservation not ticketing- international CC denied?

Spent 1h on the phone today trying to figure out why one of my reservations is not ticketing with the CCI usually use on UA.

- First was told that it was because I had been charged in dollars and not in euros so it would not have gone through (?!). Was told it was sorted out and I would receive the confirmation.

- Called back, was told card was denied. Tried two other international cards that I am 150% certain should work- no luck.

Was told it was maybe a system issue today, and to call back tomorrow.... Anyone else had same issue today?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by rieuwa
Spent 1h on the phone today trying to figure out why one of my reservations is not ticketing with the CCI usually use on UA.

- First was told that it was because I had been charged in dollars and not in euros so it would not have gone through (?!). Was told it was sorted out and I would receive the confirmation.

- Called back, was told card was denied. Tried two other international cards that I am 150% certain should work- no luck.

Was told it was maybe a system issue today, and to call back tomorrow.... Anyone else had same issue today?
This may not apply in your situation, but if your doing the booking away from home (e.g. You live in London but are booking by phone - online in Shanghai) your credit cards may be denied as the credit card company see the use as out of ordinary for you and possibly fraud.)

Whe I travel out of the US, I always contact my cc companies to let them know, and no longer have such issues.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LATAM Comodoro, SPG PLT, WOH Globalist, *G, OW Emerald
I had a similar problem but on united.com...accessing the Japanese local site, make reservation, go through for payment, input a Japanese CC, error message and not possible to issue the tkt.
Seems that the old .bomb at least was more global than the current CO site.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
.....Whe I travel out of the US, I always contact my cc companies to let them know, and no longer have such issues.
I would call your credit card and tell them to make sure they allow the charge to go through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.