Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Smisek article on loyalty in Hemispheres Magazine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Smisek article on loyalty in Hemispheres Magazine

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:31 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
McDonalds provides a consistent clean product, and has historically done well. That seems to be the model for UA. Its fine for what it is, but its not international F
I dunno, they both serve cheeseburgers... except McDonalds make better ones!
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by u2vox
Whatever he's saying, I don't believe him.
This.

Originally Posted by mitchmu
Everything this regime has done, commensurate with the 'all elites are equal' mentality and the 'you're in' program and the anti customer hostility and the devaluations of mp to remove over entitlement and the transactional model in which loyalty has no impact on any outcome ... All of this says that loyalty is irrelevant to this regime. Smisek has set a new bar for lies.

Service comes from leadership and culture not from training. He should be embarrassed to publicly say what he has said. The rotten service starts at his desk and flows down from there.
And this.

Originally Posted by entropy
these guys are clueless.
And this.

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
or peons. i like peons.
In this merger pawn might be fitting.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:25 am

Programs: AADULtArer
[QUOTEWhat have you done for me lately mindset, is not loyalty. And about 90% of the conversation among self proclaimed "loyal" United or Continental customers here is of this sort. And this is not loyalty.][/QUOTE]

Correction. 99%
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
He doesn't either, I am pretty sure ... or he is referring to a lesser 'loyalty'. The loyalty of occasional flyers, preferably rich, dumb ones who are insensitive to price and whose threshold is low enough to be met by UACO.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:38 am
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
Loyalty is driven by upgrades a pre-departure beverage.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
Originally Posted by agarc
I feel sorry for the employees who are stuck with such a poorly managed company. They're trapped. At least we can fly other carriers.
I do feel for the gate agents, and the flight attendants - and the few counter agents that the machines have still not replaced.

(While I have met individual pilots who understood customer recognition and service by greeting passengers, and especially by giving me thier card, etc., I have less regard for the pilots as a whole and their United union, which at one time demamded to be the highest paid in the industry - and got it. All of which was lost in bankruptcy, thank you very much.)

Over the years, I have spoken with many dedicated United employees. I am sad for them that they have seen the erosion of the airline that many of them have worked for all of their lives.

On a recent occasion, before I did not renew my United Club membership, I had time to speak with the two agents at the ORD Club across from or near gate B 6. They were still struggling with the "new" CO adopted reservation system. When I mentioned that the airline had probably chosen the best system, they looked at me, and both, at the same time responded: "No, they chose the cheapest system".

THAT says it all, doesn't it!
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Everything this regime has done, commensurate with the 'all elites are equal' mentality and the 'you're in' program and the anti customer hostility and the devaluations of mp to remove over entitlement and the transactional model in which loyalty has no impact on any outcome ... All of this says that loyalty is irrelevant to this regime. Smisek has set a new bar for lies.

Service comes from leadership and culture not from training. He should be embarrassed to publicly say what he has said. The rotten service starts at his desk and flows down from there.
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The article just proves he doesn't get it. And as such he won't be seeing many of our dollars for the foreseeable future.
Originally Posted by kmfdm91
So, let me get this straight:

1. One minute, Jeffy Jeff is talking about how great the 787 is and how it will change UA - with many videos and print discussions (same CEO column crap) about it...

II. There is rumblings about how UA is going to reach out to try to 'win back' business travelers without ANY mention of doing anything new or trying anything at all on an actual strategy of doing this...

C. Then, this February article, obviously after he's learned that their entire 787 fleet is shut down, writes about how the planes aren't that important and it's the staff and customer service that is the most important?

This guy has no clue at all, and obviously is running the airline down the drains...as for almost all clues since 03 March 2012!

-jeremy
Amen to all of the above, but especially what mitchmu said about leadership. The problem starts with the company's lousy leadership. It's only chance of changing will come if there is a change in leadership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.