Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Class of ticket that puts you on the upgrade list Y->J for TATL flights on UA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Class of ticket that puts you on the upgrade list Y->J for TATL flights on UA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
My best year for op-ups was 2004 as plat on Air France. Five or six out of eight transatlantic segments. It got so good I began to expect the beep at the gate. I even had the GA come get me once after I was settled in economy to move me to biz. Then I moved to Europe and switched to LH and UA. Not a single op-up in all my flights since then (except one local hop in Croatia--a 45 minute flight).
I had a similar run of luck for a year about 5 years ago, but with UA, with about 80% of my inbound TATL segments getting op-ups. (Curiously, never on the outbound, so I guess that makes it 40% overall.) I, too, began to expect the page at the gate... Not a one in the years since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.