Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Temporary Aircraft Substitutions For United's B787 Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Temporary Aircraft Substitutions For United's B787 Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:48 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Maybe they should keep the 737-500's too.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: AADULtArer
OK, I've been up all night watching tennis so I might not be thinking too clearly but don't most airlines fly roughly equal numbers of flights back and forth between places? If approximately half of the flights go east / north and the other half go west / south how can there be a shortage of numbers if you divide them even / odd?
There is net positive flux of flights into EWR and that's why planes accumulate there....when they get too many they start landing them in the Hudson

Global warming has made west farther from east, so that's why they ran out of odd even numbers
Old Jan 26, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
They also swapped PEK - ORD to a barcolounger 777 Last Wednesday. Flight attendant blamed it on needing the nicer 777 for a Dreamliner route. Nice thing is they sent a $350 appreciation voucher unsolicited for having to sit in one of the super crappy GF seats.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Global warming has made west farther from east, so that's why they ran out of odd even numbers
ROTFL
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:50 am

Is there anyplace we can monitor this? Have an upcoming flight from FRA to EWR with my mother-in-law for whom the flat bed is important, and the 767-200 does not have flat bed in business class

I do not see the detailed information at ual.com that someone mentioned upthread, do others see the information anywhere? If yes, can you please post the link? Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by raghu
Is there anyplace we can monitor this? Have an upcoming flight from FRA to EWR with my mother-in-law for whom the flat bed is important, and the 767-200 does not have flat bed in business class
What was the aircraft when you booked? You might be able to get her re-routed.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
i think we all should take a moment to not only recognize, but praise DL's decision to hold off on taking their early delivery of the B787. I believe one of the main reasons that RA did so was due to all the teething problems with a new aircraft. Kudos to RA and DL! ^
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
I have an upcoming LAX-IAH flight originally booked on the 787. It swapped to a 737-800 a few days ago and the seatmap showed completely full. Sometime in the past 24 hours it swapped again to a 767-400.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
should I change seats to help stay in F?

Partner and I are scheduled on 787 LAX-IAH in mid-March on return from BOS-SYD award trip. Currently in 2K&L. I'm wondering who gets downgraded if equipment changes to something with less than the 36 F seats. We no longer have any status. Any ideas if it would help if we switched to AB seats or are we just as likely to get downgraded to E before all the higher status passengers?

FYI, first post after years of lurking, so please be gentle!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:27 pm

As of now, until March 1, the FRA-EWR UA51 flight is 767-200 (no full-flat business class seats). Checking the reservation system, it shows that from March 2, it changes to 767-400ER. Is there anyplace we can keep track of such aircraft changes, other than at UA.com reservations site?

Also, any updates on the original post?

Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Starting to get concerned about the DEN-NRT inaugural on March 31

Would be good to know if it's a good idea to start looking at alternative flights or if UA plans on subbing another bird on this route @:-)

EmailKid
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Starting to get concerned about the DEN-NRT inaugural on March 31

Would be good to know if it's a good idea to start looking at alternative flights or if UA plans on subbing another bird on this route @:-)

EmailKid
Wondering about DEN-NRT on 3/31 as well. I booked the inaugural flight the day it was announced. Now I'm starting to wonder. Big article in The Denver Post this past Sunday quoted one industry expert as suggesting the route could be postponed 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.