Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
As to Gold Track, see the response immediately above your post.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by bioyuki
Does anyone know how early the check in counters at CDG open? I have a 9:15AM flight that boards at 8:25AM, and with the strike, I'm worried about chaos at the airport. Will desks be open 3-4 hours in advance like in the US?

Also, I'm *G in J, so will have access to Gold Track. My partner has no status, but will be in J...does Premier Access get them access to Gold Track?
I have flown this particular flight a dozen times (to SFO?) and even during non- strike times I like to get there by 6am. Desks have always been staffed by the time I arrive, inclusive of desks at terminal 2a over the last couple of years.

good luck transiting to the airport. I’d read the strikes affected travel this past week but I optimistically presumed they were over. I’ll be traveling in a few weeks myself.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Flew from CDG 2A this morning...check in desks opened 3 hours before the first scheduled flight, so in this case, 6:15AM.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by TomMM
Masks aren’t required. I was in the AC lounge last week around 10:30 am and it was packed.
I am in the Air Canada lounge right now. Virtually nobody is wearing masks in the airport except me (I normally don't wear masks, but with this mass of humanity, all sorts of nasty stuff is doubtless going around, plus it hides my scowl). The lounge is completely run down and broken. Screaming spawn, bad food (should have loaded up on the food in Vilnius, I guess, and that tiny lounge isn't much to write home about). Here in CDG we have awful looking mystery meat, a bad selection of drinks, coffee from thermoses, awful lighting, empty magazine racks, outdated decor, inadequate bathrooms. For godssakes, some pain au chocolat would have been a nice touch. But no.
ARR72 likes this.

Last edited by Samogitian; Jul 17, 2022 at 2:56 am
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by Samogitian
I am in the Air Canada lounge right now. Virtually nobody is wearing masks in the airport except me (I normally don't wear masks, but with this mass of humanity, all sorts of nasty stuff is doubtless going around, plus it hides my scowl). The lounge is completely run down and broken. Screaming spawn, bad food (should have loaded up on the food in Vilnius, I guess, and that tiny lounge isn't much to write home about). Here in CDG we have awful looking mystery meat, a bad selection of drinks, coffee from thermoses, awful lighting, empty magazine racks, outdated decor, inadequate bathrooms. For godssakes, some pain au chocolat would have been a nice touch. But no.
I was there a few days ago, they had pain au chocolat on another side table with the croissants and pastries. But yes the MLL lounge is terrible and not worth spending extra time. It was packed full before the EWR/SFO/IAD/YUL/YYZ flights. I see that the coffee machine is still broken from a few days ago as well.

The staff is always huddled up in the back kitchen, I was mistaken by two passengers as staff, asking me where they could get water.

Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Interesting contrast of photos. The first one with the broken machines, for some reason made me feel that the lounge was just way outdated. However the photo above provides a better preview
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Interesting contrast of photos. The first one with the broken machines, for some reason made me feel that the lounge was just way outdated. However the photo above provides a better preview
It's pretty outdated lounge, compared to MLL FRA. But I think all non-AF lounges at CDG are pretty bad, including the *A lounge in T1. (Maybe CX one might be good but I have not been).
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hirohito888
It's pretty outdated lounge, compared to MLL FRA. But I think all non-AF lounges at CDG are pretty bad, including the *A lounge in T1. (Maybe CX one might be good but I have not been).
Unless you're flying La Premiere, you won't go wrong just assuming that literally every aspect of the CDG experience will suck.
hirohito888 and tcdtcd like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
Unless you're flying La Premiere, you won't go wrong just assuming that literally every aspect of the CDG experience will suck.
I had a perfectly fine experience at CDG flying UA on an E+ journey pre pandemic

I took the train to the airport, used electronic gate access to enter the terminal. Had the special line access for exit immigration imbedded into my boarding pass.

Enjoyed a nice few hours in the star alliance lounge drinking French champagne and at that time the food was quite nice

Depending on one’s experience not all is bad..
ARR72 and mildfrequence like this.

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jul 17, 2022 at 11:19 am
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I took the train to the airport, used electronic gate access to enter the terminal. Had the special line access for exit immigration imbedded into my boarding pass.
Issue is that T1 is still closed, so every non-ST carrier is using T2A for non-Schengen flights. There is major capacity issue at T2A to the point where they had to control departing passenger flow to both immigration hall and security, even with priority/No.1 Access. So you're just going to end up waiting a very long and slow moving line.

Only good thing is that exit immigration at CDG now allows US/CAN/SIN/AUS and few other passports to use the egates, so that takes around 2min. And you can also bypass the long security line after using the priority lane. So in summary, immigration and security don't take long, the wait is to get into that area. And then you spend 10min walking all the way to the end of the terminal just to access the lousy AC MLL.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:34 pm

Issue is that T1 is still closed, so every non-ST carrier is using T2A for non-Schengen flights. There is major capacity issue at T2A to the point where they had to control departing passenger flow to both immigration hall and security, even with priority/No.1 Access. So you're just going to end up waiting a very long and slow moving line.

Only good thing is that exit immigration at CDG now allows US/CAN/SIN/AUS and few other passports to use the egates, so that takes around 2min. And you can also bypass the long security line after using the priority lane. So in summary, immigration and security don't take long, the wait is to get into that area. And then you spend 10min walking all the way to the end of the terminal just to access the lousy AC MLL.
Thanks for the detailed reply, I was not aware of those issues
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Any recent reports on arriving to CDG for morning departures (in my case 9.15 SFO) in terms of security and immigration lines and times? It's always early and hate to be super early as the poor MLL doesn't even open til 7.30....and usually often a bit late...
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Any recent reports on arriving to CDG for morning departures (in my case 9.15 SFO) in terms of security and immigration lines and times? It's always early and hate to be super early as the poor MLL doesn't even open til 7.30....and usually often a bit late...
It’s usually very quick from my experience.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The CX lounge in 2A is excellent and you can use it when flying BA too. Also the QR lounge in T1 is very good. But I can't think of any others at CDG that are at that level. Just AF, CX and QR.
hirohito888 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
The CX lounge in 2A is excellent and you can use it when flying BA too. Also the QR lounge in T1 is very good. But I can't think of any others at CDG that are at that level. Just AF, CX and QR.
CX lounge seems to be closed until further notice.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ic-lounge.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.