Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Insider Update (Aaron Goldberg Replaces Shannon Kelly)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Insider Update (Aaron Goldberg Replaces Shannon Kelly)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi. Not sure what I’ve just gotten myself into.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager, Customer Experience
United Airlines
Something good. Welcome to FT!

Originally Posted by pdx1M
Helmet? Bah! Full body armor probably isn't even enough. Welcome - but realize that in your role you are representing a company that a LOT of us think has been consistently achieving new lows in the definition of customer relationship and customer respect so be ready for that.
What about a personal force field?

Last edited by vandrei; Jan 15, 2013 at 5:22 pm Reason: additional reply comments
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
As Jenny said to Forrest Gump, "Run, Forrest, RUN"!

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The "good news" is that rarely do people attempt to shoot the messenger, no matter what the message may be
Come over to the DL forum, sometime.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 15, 2013 at 8:42 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Welcome Aaron. I'm sure you'll find that there are not enough hours in the day to read through all the posts and reply to every missed upgrade rant. Just to confirm, FT is your full time job, right?

Sharon, if you put into united.com the same dedication to customer needs that your have demonstrated on FT, I am confident that united.com will much improve. Regarding united.com, I remember well how you so masterfully handled the hide/reinstate booking class availability: well explained solution, and quickly implemented as promised here. I have high hopes for united.com under your leadership.

Best wishes to both of you.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Welcome Aaron. I hope you like a good challenge because the waters aren't so calm in here.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Welcome to FT Aaron, Mazal tov!

As for the "tough love" found here, a lot of us have been very involved with United and/or Continental for a long time, flown a gazillion miles, etc. Its not just whining about specific policies but a lot of us genuinely care about the airline and want to do our part to help, especially in areas that are neglected or not well-though-out.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Shannon. It's been great interacting with you here over the last couple years. I really appreciate both your and United's commitment to FT. Aaron, welcome!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Global Entry, Avis President's Club
Like many here, I too have benefited from Shannon's (and Scott's) participation on this board, including the helpful PMs that either clarified a situation or solved a problem I had.

Aaron - Good luck to you. You're gonna need it.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold / Bonvoy Platinum
Thanks Shannon, all the best for your future !

Welcome Aaron. I hope you are ready for some fast and heavy feedback ;-)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Shannon, thanks for bringing all your insight to this board, and taking any criticism in stride. I truly appreciate the responses you have delivered here in the forums and via PM.

Welcome to the UA forum, Aaron, as more than a lurker. Hope to see you here often.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, SW CP, Hertz President's Circle
So long Shannon! Thanks for your hard work in keeping the FT'ers in the loop. We're expecting great things, Aaron. No pressure.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Thanks Shannon, and welcome Aaron. I hope Shannon has bequeathed you her helmet.
......and armor and chain mail!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Thanks for all your help Shannon! Welcome Aaron, welcome to a great source of information for company!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: United Gold
I’m personally grateful for your passion and feedback over the years.
Thank you Shannon! Good luck and best wishes on your new endeavors.

Welcome Aaron!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Thank you Sharon for the terrific job you have done in informing us and dealing with our (usually reasonable) concerns.

Now, welcome to our lair, Aaron!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:43 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Thank You Shannon for all you have done...I have personally benefited from your presence here which has made me a bigger koolaid fan...yes...a koolaid fan...flame away all you haters... Good Luck in your new position...

Aaron - dude...are you a glutton for punishment? Welcome to the jungle...we going to have some fun my friend...lol...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.