Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Singapore airlines miles not posting into mileage plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore airlines miles not posting into mileage plus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by martinsin
SQ fares are substantially higher than other carriers because of their perceived better quality. Absolute nonsense. You can get better food and a better variety on most budget carriers. You can get a lot more seat space for a lot less $ on most budget carriers.
Yeah I'm going to pile on here. The LCCs keep their fares low by jamming lots of seats in close together and paying their crews less. SQ has 32-34" pitch in Y throughout its fleet - which LCC can match that? Even Bangkok Air - which touts itself as the "boutique" LCC - is a total cattle car in back.

And bmwe92fan makes a great point about safety. SQ is one of the safest airlines in the world, with highly experienced flight crews, in a part of the world where that can definitely be a concern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.