Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Check your itineraries for schedule changes" 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Check your itineraries for schedule changes" 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Time traveller
I really hate it when they change a mainline UA flight on an Airbus plane to a UAX plane on smaller regional jet.
Can one still call to refuse a carrier change? I imagine it would require there to still be another mainline UA flight that day?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by cchuang1980
the schedule change notice to the reservation is extreme weird regarding to the flight time, 23:35 hour is needed for HKG-TPE!
I had one schedule change this week, LAX-MEL -55mins flight time.

Wonder why a programmer would even allow the flight time to be a negative value in the first place.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:29 pm

The original flight time for TG806 HKG-TPE was 8:30p-10:00p and the new time is 8:25p-9:55p which is shown correctly on UA.com new search. However, the schedule change notice to the reservation is extreme weird regarding to the flight time, 23:35 hour is needed for HKG-TPE! I'm wondering should I click to accept this schedule change or better call back and double confirm it?
i have a MP award on SA from Johannesburg to Harare that is listed as 18 hours and some minutes. The flight departs 1040a arriving at 1240p.
(but it has been like that since november)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Can one still call to refuse a carrier change?
I don't see why not.

I imagine it would require there to still be another mainline UA flight that day?
Or request a refund. Or work out a compromise solution (e.g., shorter express flight to a closer hub to minimize the impact).

However, the schedule change notice to the reservation is extreme weird regarding to the flight time, 23:35 hour is needed for HKG-TPE! I'm wondering should I click to accept this schedule change or better call back and double confirm it?
Use a third party to figure out what the real flight is, and then accept it.

CO.com has had trouble calculating flight durations and such for years, especially when they span the dateline. I had a trip last year that crossed the dateline four (4) times. I did not rely on CO's systems for the flight durations.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:27 am

Can one still call to refuse a carrier change? I imagine it would require there to still be another mainline UA flight that day?
I just tell them I didn't originally book an RJ and I won't fly on one. Never had a problem changing or cancelling @ no charge!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:54 pm

UA changes dparture time flight, what are your options?

I always try to start my flight around 6:30 Am or later because I ride the bus to the airport and the earliest the bus gets to the airport is 5:30 AM, which gives me an hour to get to the gate, about every third flight UA changes the time of departure to around 5:55 AM and then it says if you continue that means you accept that time change,then I'm worried about missing the flight.

Can you cancel a flight that UA changes the departure time without any penalties?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
UA changes dparture time flight, what are your options?

Just explain to them and they allow you to cancel.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:39 pm

What is your desired result here? Do you want to cancel the flight altogether, or do you want to get a later flight that same day?

In the past (pre-merger), United has been very helpful to me with schedule changes, making significant accommodations to make things convenient for me.

Another thing to consider - how expensive would SuperShuttle or a taxi be in your case? Is it worth it to keep the earlier flight perhaps?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - What do you want? Do you want to cancel your trip for a refund or do you want to change to a later flight? Need that information in order to help you.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA-1k, AA-EXP, SPG-Plat
Ua pretty good on same day changes
Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:27 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the UA Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
OP - What do you want? Do you want to cancel your trip for a refund or do you want to change to a later flight? Need that information in order to help you.
I would like to cancel altogether for a refund!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
UA cancelled the IAD-AUA nonstop on Sundays in August. They tried to rebook my family via EWR in each direction, I called and politely asked to be moved to the Saturday nonstops, agent was very accomodating and even kept our upgrades ^
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
JFK-LAX P.S Flight Change Email from UA

Received this for my upcoming flight from JFK-LAX...

"We have an important message regarding your itinerary (XXXXXX) for flight UA1030 to Los Angeles, CA on 2/1/2013. This flight is now scheduled on a Boeing 757-200 with flat-bed seats in United First, and personal on-demand entertainment and in-seat power available at every seat. This flight does not offer Wi-Fi. If you would like to change your travel plans to a p.s. flight that offers Wi-Fi, contact us at 1-877-826-0254, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central time. This email applies to this specific itinerary only.

Thank you for flying with United."

I wonder if there will be any change fees, anyone with any experience? Not that I need Wifi, but may do it to increase my chance of an upgrade(Yes, the upgrade never cleared as 1K at the 96 hour window nor at booking over a month ago with 14 seats open).
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by Motion122
Received this for my upcoming flight from JFK-LAX...

"We have an important message regarding your itinerary (XXXXXX) for flight UA1030 to Los Angeles, CA on 2/1/2013. This flight is now scheduled on a Boeing 757-200 with flat-bed seats in United First, and personal on-demand entertainment and in-seat power available at every seat. This flight does not offer Wi-Fi. If you would like to change your travel plans to a p.s. flight that offers Wi-Fi, contact us at 1-877-826-0254, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central time. This email applies to this specific itinerary only.

Thank you for flying with United."

I wonder if there will be any change fees, anyone with any experience? Not that I need Wifi, but may do it to increase my chance of an upgrade(Yes, the upgrade never cleared as 1K at the 96 hour window nor at booking over a month ago with 14 seats open).
No personal experience but they will probably let you get you same fare class on another flight at no charge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.