FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "Check your itineraries for schedule changes" 2013 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1422704-consolidated-check-your-itineraries-schedule-changes-2013-a.html)

schley Dec 31, 2012 6:16 pm

Consolidated "Check your itineraries for schedule changes" 2013

We know we all have to be a little flexible during this transition time. )

For easy reference here is the 2012 thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-2012-a.html

AdamUK Jan 16, 2013 10:32 am

Originally Posted by AdamUK (Post 20032473)
I've had one of my internal flights changed ORD-TPA from 1:15pm to 1:55pm. The flight number, time and aircraft type have all changed. Obviously not a major change, but it would now be more convenient to move to the flight before - 1132am - would I be looking at a change fee to ask to move to this flight, or is this a reasonable request to make of UA?

Just FYI, called twice... first time was told I had to pay a change fee, called again and was given a free move but was told the only flight available was 6am, then I pointed out the flight I wanted still had fare availability and they put me on hold and came back 7 mins later and was sorted.

goodeats21 Jan 19, 2013 1:13 am

Looks like schedule changes have been (are being) loaded.

Nothing too bad for me this time. UAX flight number change.

Might want to give yours a check...

JeffP Jan 19, 2013 5:46 am

I was surprised to see a schedule change for our early February trip. Our IAH-HNL went from a 777 to a 764. (On the first schedule change screen it said 737-800 which scared me.)

channa Jan 19, 2013 6:37 am

Originally Posted by JeffP (Post 20080851)
I was surprised to see a schedule change for our early February trip. Our IAH-HNL went from a 777 to a 764. (On the first schedule change screen it said 737-800 which scared me.)

They're having to do some last-minute shuffling due to the 787 fiasco, so especially on widebodies, you may see some changes much closer in than normal.

pinerd Jan 21, 2013 12:56 pm

SJC-DEN flights got moved from 6 AM to 7 AM...which caused me to have an 8 minute connection.

But in another question - why does UA not inform us of these schedule changes unless we look at our itins???

PVDtoDEL Jan 25, 2013 8:44 pm

IAD-PVD segment moved a few hours earlier for an August itin. Now I misconnect at IAD, and there are no later flights to PVD. :td::td:

KevinB Jan 26, 2013 8:22 am

Into JFK at 22:30... UA moves return to 6am. Options?

So, in setting up a mileage run in March, BUR-DEN-IAD-JFK, I decided I could live with flying into JFK at 10:30pm and JFK-IAD-SFO-BUR at 7:00am. (I'll do anything for 6221 miles at 3cpm!)

I figured that by the time I got to my hotel and crashed it would be probably 11:30... I could sleep til around 4:30am, get back to the airport around 5:30am and manage with only 5 hours of sleep...

Today, I check my schedule online, and UA has changed my 7:00am flight to 6:00am! I don't even know where to begin...

I can just about survive with 5 hours sleep, but 4? Ughh... Might as well fly with no carry on, skip the hotel, and go into Manhattan for a few hours, then head back to JFK and fly back!

Can I call UA and see if they'll let me change to a later flight for $75? There's a JFK-SFO-BUR leaving at 8:10. Should I just try to do a SDC when I check in at BUR? I'm exhausted already, and the trip isn't for 6 more weeks. :eek:

dparkinson Jan 26, 2013 8:37 am

That's a significant change, they'll waive the fee but you many need to HUACA. Btw, I'd just stick with it and go into Manhattan for a few hours and save the $$$. 3.xx cpm is great but it's not 3.xx cpm if you're dropping a few hundred bucks on a room.

luv2ctheworld Jan 26, 2013 8:44 am

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

In my MR's, anything coming in after 9PM and leaving before 9AM I just crash @ the airport. Preferably airside, but I make do landside. Sleepinginairports.net has been useful along with input from the appropriate FT forum.

eleeut Jan 26, 2013 8:55 am

"sleeping in airports" is actually quite interesting. i did this at BOS last year for an MR originating from there after positioning for a 5:45 am departure from an 11:45 pm arrival. i had significant connection time at IAH after there so the Term E showers were very welcome.

i'm not college age any more so i'm not sure if i'll do that type of adventure again though!

KevinB Jan 26, 2013 10:36 am

Using a few Hilton points for the hotel, but seems like a waste to use points on a hotel for four hours...

Guess it's time to call UA and see what I can do...

cchuang1980 Jan 26, 2013 1:40 pm

Strange schedule change issue

I helped my friend for an award ticket from ORD to TPE via HKG. Today I received a schedule change notice to this reservation.

The original flight time for TG806 HKG-TPE was 8:30p-10:00p and the new time is 8:25p-9:55p which is shown correctly on UA.com new search. However, the schedule change notice to the reservation is extreme weird regarding to the flight time, 23:35 hour is needed for HKG-TPE! I'm wondering should I click to accept this schedule change or better call back and double confirm it?

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps565f870d.png

BlueZebra Jan 26, 2013 1:53 pm

If it is still there in a couple of days, call back and confirm.

Time traveller Jan 26, 2013 8:57 pm

I really hate it when they change a mainline UA flight on an Airbus plane to a UAX plane on smaller regional jet.