Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
"Coach" is not a class of service on United aircraft. Unless you're booking a train, it is always a translation bug. (Sadly, this problem has been around for quite some time.)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by findark
"Coach" is not a class of service on United aircraft. Unless you're booking a train, it is always a translation bug. (Sadly, this problem has been around for quite some time.)
That's interesting. I guess they do only refer to it as "economy" when things are working correctly. Have to wonder why "Coach" is in a translation table at all then?

Anyway, since was showing up for both economy and Polaris Business flights, worth looking at the fare code to see what is actually available.

And to eliminate any potential qualms, it does book correctly and show as Polaris Business on the itinerary.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by goodeats21
That's interesting. I guess they do only refer to it as "economy" when things are working correctly. Have to wonder why "Coach" is in a translation table at all then?
I think trains are the reason that it exists in the tables at all. If that's even the exact bug - it's similar to how sometimes, somehow the meal on your flight displays as 6. But yeah the rear cabin is always United Economy (UA metal) or Economy (partner metal) if an aircraft.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Anyway, since was showing up for both economy and Polaris Business flights, worth looking at the fare code to see what is actually available.
Indeed, the fare code is always the most accurate indicator ^
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
United.com Login

Anyone else having trouble logging in on United.com or the app this morning?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
No problem here.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
EDIT: Nevermind!

Last edited by diburning; Aug 9, 2017 at 11:57 am
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Has anyone had trouble with updating primary e-mail address?

I updated my primary e-mail address with UA more than a week ago and completely deleted the old e-mail address from my UA profile. But I am still receiving UA e-mails at the old e-mail address, and nothing at the new e-mail address. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated...
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
United.com account log-in problems?

I log into united.com all the time. All of a sudden, I'm getting a message saying:

The account information you entered is not valid.
PINs are no longer accepted if you have updated your account security, and usernames and emails are currently not accepted. If you’ve forgotten any of your information, please use the links below for help.

The problem is, I'm not entering a PIN--I'm entering my Mileage Plus number and my password--same as always (its saved in there).

Anybody else experiencing this?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Try to reset your password
If you can't....
I would call the web support line pronto, someone could have stolen your info
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by MFLetou
PINs are no longer accepted if you have updated your account security, and usernames and emails are currently not accepted. If you’ve forgotten any of your information, please use the links below for help.
That's just the standard "wrong password" message. Not sure why they made it so long and scary.

(its saved in there).
So it's autofilling username and password? Try typing them out before you panic. Sometimes my browser (or I) get confused.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:15 pm

I log into united.com all the time. All of a sudden, I'm getting a message saying:

The problem is, I'm not entering a PIN--I'm entering my Mileage Plus number and my password--same as always (its saved in there).

i've had the exact same problem a couple months ago. no matter which browser or which computer. i would have to reset my password each time i wanted to log in, and would switch back and forth between two sets of passwords. by any chance, does your password include a special character? i think that was the problem. i emailed the 1k line and the problem stopped, still using the same password. interestingly enough, it never affected the app. hope this helps.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:56 am

Having the same problem. Changed password; can access account but not UA shopping.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
FWIW, I sometimes log in,but it looks like it did not "take". Usually the second time I enter my credentials (paying close attention) and I still don't "get in", I know something is glitching. I just hit the refresh button on my browser & it works fine.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by DCAGUY
Having the same problem. Changed password; can access account but not UA shopping.
When trying to log into UA Shopping, I get routed to the main ua.com site.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
An extension of the problem

OK, so I have correctly entered MP #&pwd, but then get that verification message about "don't recognize, etc" for which there's an instruction to answer those couple of questions about stuff like favorite ice cream, etc. AND there's an additional message that the UA app will forevermore recognize that browser. But NOOO, this happens (at least to me) every time. Could this be browser-specific? I normally use Firefox, both on a Win7 box in my office or on a Macbook Pro at home. Anyone else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.