Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Services Invitations for 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: UA Gold / Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Ari
Not true at all-- I've seen it. (Renewal, not new invitation, though).
Renewals apparently have different limits.
But the amount was revised earlier in the posting here to 45K.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:06 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
For those questioning GS value...

When "stuck" in London during Sandy, I had GS reps working around the clock on getting us on the first flight out - without me lifting a single finger. The second my first flight was canceled, they had me protected on THREE different flights and called me to let me know. When those got canceled, within minutes, they had me protected on different flights and when I didn't answer my phone, immediately emailed me.

I'm convinced I got out of London *days* earlier than I would've otherwise if I were a GM or even 1K.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
It's not, they don't
Bummer... Makes me appreciate Cleveland.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: United 1K
Is there a way to pull up total spent dollars on United.com??
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Ari
Not true at all-- I've seen it. (Renewal, not new invitation, though).
Well, I can tell you that I was kicked out of the program with more spend than that.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:38 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by donho00
Is there a way to pull up total spent dollars on United.com??
no
in the old days, PMUA use to display for GSs their FF (full fare) Miles.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by glx
I'm convinced I got out of London *days* earlier than I would've otherwise if I were a GM or even 1K.
Last year's GS packet specifically mentioned next flight guarantee after a cancelation.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by trust77
pre-boarding privileges (along with those needing extra assistance on to the a/c and U.S. Military Members), BEFORE Group 1 (Group one is 1K, Plat, First and Business Class).
Group one is just 1K, First and Business Class. I am Plat and I am typically in Group two unless I have been upgraded to FC (domestic CPU).
Old Dec 23, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
Last year's GS packet specifically mentioned next flight guarantee after a cancelation.
This, in fact, is no longer a GS benefit. I tried to exercise multiple times this summer and was denied 100% of the time buy both pmUA and pmCO agents. Also gone is the guaranteed seat availability; if there are no seats for sale you are not getting on the flight (even if you pay full Y fare).
Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA GS
At the GS dinner in Denver in fall, the UA people confirmed that next flight guarantee is still a benefit.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by kenn0223
This, in fact, is no longer a GS benefit. I tried to exercise multiple times this summer and was denied 100% of the time buy both pmUA and pmCO agents. Also gone is the guaranteed seat availability; if there are no seats for sale you are not getting on the flight (even if you pay full Y fare).
This past summer, the wonderful GS agents at LGA helped me execute exactly this benefit after a cancellation. They bumped someone from the next flight and got me on a sold out flight.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Are you sure? I exercise both of these privileges on a regular basis.

For the full Y, you must be able to assign a seat. That's the only rule.

For the next flight guarantee, I've had to hold my ground and elevate a few times, but I've received it 100% of the time. Usually it is without lifting a finger, even if the other flight is oversold.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by glx
When "stuck" in London during Sandy, I had GS reps working around the clock on getting us on the first flight out - without me lifting a single finger. The second my first flight was canceled, they had me protected on THREE different flights and called me to let me know. When those got canceled, within minutes, they had me protected on different flights and when I didn't answer my phone, immediately emailed me.

I agree completely. Pre-Sandy this year I was really starting to question my loyalty to GS and UA. My flying is almost exclusively Asia-US in paid C these days and every year I have to work harder to play the corporate travel system to make sure I'm on C vs other better options (IMO) on CX or SQ.

Then Sandy hit and I was unfortunately in the midst of what was supposed to be a HKG-SFO-BOS trip that turned into HKG-SFO-LAX-CLE-MHT plus two extra nights, but the GS agents were amazing trying everything they could and getting creative with me to piece this thing together to keep me moving east.

They agents at SFO and CLE especially went way above and beyond despite the chaos around them as it unfolded just to make sure I was taken care of, and despite me trying to get them to not worry about me. They were amazing and saved me numerous days as well - as evidenced by some of my non-status colleagues who were far more put out than I was.

The SFO & CLE ladies were so good that I made a point to write an email to GS customer service and cc'd Smisek. Surprisingly, I received a quick personal note from Smisek's blackberry about 30 min later thanking me for the positive words in the midst of a tough week for everyone involved.

I still have plenty of nit picking to do (in best FT fashion), but I did get a good reminder of how valuable GS really is to me and they've got my hooked for another year - assuming I get renewed.

I asked the GS line a couple of days ago about renewals and she thought sometime in January. Of my ~180K PQM's this year, roughly 175k of that is on UA in paid C/D/Z. I didn't track my spend this year, but my guess is that it is $45-50k usd.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, AC Elite, Global Entry
Sandy hit, was in Japan - got me home day airports opened

...and loved the kohler natural gas generator that was installed three weeks prior
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:10 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by jgsx
Are you sure? I exercise both of these privileges on a regular basis.

For the full Y, you must be able to assign a seat. That's the only rule.

For the next flight guarantee, I've had to hold my ground and elevate a few times, but I've received it 100% of the time. Usually it is without lifting a finger, even if the other flight is oversold.
I have had this in situations where it was United's "fault" for the cancelled flight. I am unsure if it applies to weather issues. Never needed it then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.