Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport Lounge Access in Istanbul

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 12:50 pm
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
We used the Turkish Airlines lounge when we were flying back to the USA from Istanbul and it was SUBLIME! I have not been in a lounge yet that even comes close to it! I told the workers there that I thought their lounge was
wonderful, and they said "oh thank you! But we have heard Emirates Air's lounge is even better" Can't imagine what that lounge could be is like! D.H. said he could have spent the night in Turkish Airlines lounge and been happy. I must say I agreed.
Old May 24, 2013, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by mav
We used the Turkish Airlines lounge when we were flying back to the USA from Istanbul and it was SUBLIME! I have not been in a lounge yet that even comes close to it! I told the workers there that I thought their lounge was
wonderful, and they said "oh thank you! But we have heard Emirates Air's lounge is even better" Can't imagine what that lounge could be is like! D.H. said he could have spent the night in Turkish Airlines lounge and been happy. I must say I agreed.
yes its amazing on what passes in the USA as an airline lounge.... and yet people continue to pay hundreds a year for a membership to eat carrot sticks.....

I personally like the TK J lounge in IST more than the EK J lounge in DXB
Old May 24, 2013, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Actually, the lounge Dragon was correct. The wording of the policy is misleading because the names of the lounges are misleading. *G gets access to any *G lounge and most contract lounges (on that I think we all agree). But.....UClub only gets access to *A lounges. NOT *G lounges.
This is absolutely 100% false.
Old May 25, 2013, 4:07 am

Programs: UA G, Marriott PlatPrem
Originally Posted by mav
D.H. said he could have spent the night in Turkish Airlines lounge and been happy. I must say I agreed.
I HAVE spent the night in the TK IST lounge, and I have to say, I've slept in a lot worse places.
Old May 25, 2013, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
If you fly in C on TK, you can get a private room in the lounge, but be sure to reserve it as soon as you enter - there is usually a wait list.
Old May 25, 2013, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by burlax
If you fly in C on TK, you can get a private room in the lounge, but be sure to reserve it as soon as you enter - there is usually a wait list.
The agent was willing to give me a reservation for a day room in Comfort Class, also. The wait was too long given my departure time, but I was not in biz and it was still an option.
Old May 25, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
It also depends how long is your connection - it should be at least 8 hours.
Old May 26, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by invisible
It also depends how long is your connection - it should be at least 8 hours.
Originally Posted by sbm12
The agent was willing to give me a reservation for a day room in Comfort Class, also. The wait was too long given my departure time, but I was not in biz and it was still an option.
*G or long haul C qualify and the minimum layover is either 4 or 5 hrs. I used the during IROPS last year and when heading RUH-IST-JFK in Comfort Class which has a 5.5hr layover.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by pbearmedic
I HAVE spent the night in the TK IST lounge, and I have to say, I've slept in a lot worse places.
So did I. 6 hours were spent in the sleeping room and the rest were in the cinema

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.