Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion of United Club at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by fenx
I believe that NZ contracts their lounge out to AA and that precludes *G use.
I prefer the HNL UC to the HNL AC. The DL SC is quite nice--although feels a little like a cave.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 6:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I prefer the HNL UC to the HNL AC. The DL SC is quite nice--although feels a little like a cave.
+1. The floor to ceiling windows make it sunny and give you a great view of the runway. Added bonus for plane geeks that enjoy watching take-offs and landings.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Spacious, free wi-fi, bar, some snacks (albeit nothing to write home about), and good views, but UA really ought to install a shower or two.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
They have the best shell collection of any UC in the entire system, IMHO.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:28 am

UA club in HNL, unimpressed!

Stopped in briefly as we didn't have much time until our red eye back to LAX. Better than no club at all but kind of a dump. I hope they are on the list for a makeover. The chairs were all rather uncomfortable being mostly bamboo, wicker and tropical themed cushions that seemed to have lost their cush. Several big flat screened TVs blaring and dim fluorescent lighting.

Oh well, the drinking water was cold and then we were on our way!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
It was nicer 25 years ago... Actually that goes for the whole airport. HNL has been horrible since the 9/11 changes.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston
Stopped in briefly as we didn't have much time until our red eye back to LAX. Better than no club at all but kind of a dump. I hope they are on the list for a makeover. The chairs were all rather uncomfortable being mostly bamboo, wicker and tropical themed cushions that seemed to have lost their cush. Several big flat screened TVs blaring and dim fluorescent lighting.

Oh well, the drinking water was cold and then we were on our way!
You could replace "HNL" in the title of your post to several other airport codes and your description would've still been spot on. As you said though, it is substantially better than sitting in the airport and for what it is worth, some of the clubs are actually in decent shape. The clubs at non-hub airports are very hit or miss. MCO vs FLL is the example I always use.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
While I entirely agree with above 2 comments, I respectfully suggest that the old "Red Carpet Club" is much more interesting, with better outside views, than the combined JAL/American HNL club in HNL.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 1st Cav Vet
While I entirely agree with above 2 comments, I respectfully suggest that the old "Red Carpet Club" is much more interesting, with better outside views, than the combined JAL/American HNL club in HNL.
Better views but much worse F&B.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I prefer the dated decor of the HNL club over the new clubs in ORD, but that's just me.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
More similar comments, from a couple of months back, here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-club-hnl.html
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
More similar comments, from a couple of months back, here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-club-hnl.html
I was in the HNL UC when the tsunami was announced as heading towards Hawaii in October. Was a cool experience to be sitting around the TVs watching the frantic news reports and hoping our flight would get out before a potential storm hit. Agree with prior posts - good views, comfortable seats, close to some gate areas. Overall, an above-average domestic UC.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Is the former HNL IFL in use as an additional seating area, or is it simply closed off like the old IFL was at the A-1 RCC at EWR before it was closed last fall?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Having made 3 MRs to HNL over the last eight weeks, I am starting to really appreciate the HNL club. I just pretend it is 1990, Japan is out to conquer the world, and that lounge is killer!

Even the carrots there were slimy 3/3 times...but they have come a long way. Dragon ladies at the reception also were not particularly helpful.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Originally Posted by pduck01
Having made 3 MRs to HNL over the last eight weeks, I am starting to really appreciate the HNL club. I just pretend it is 1990, Japan is out to conquer the world, and that lounge is killer!

Even the carrots there were slimy 3/3 times...but they have come a long way. Dragon ladies at the reception also were not particularly helpful.
Agree - I have found the desk staff at the HNL club to be less friendly and helpful than in DEN, SFO, and others. Strange considering I find the HNL UA ground crews (check-in, gate agents, etc.) to be some of the friendliest, most competent, and most helpful in the system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.