Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining Vestiges of Continental After the Merger With United

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 50Kthehardway
Looks like Continental.com stopped redirecting to United.com about two weeks ago. Time to update my bookmarks.
appears
ual.com and www.ual.com
are no longer available either
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Literally (at EWR)
schley likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I was trying to Google which concourse/gates Commutair uses at IAD and found this page which hasn't been updated since 2000!
CMK10 and nnn like this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by diburning
I was trying to Google which concourse/gates Commutair uses at IAD and found this page which hasn't been updated since 2000!
That is fantastic!!! Great find!!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Purser on my ORD-SLC flight today had a bright blue Continental Airlines sticker displayed on his Known Crewmember badge. Sticker looked almost new. I like to think he has a set hidden away somewhere, and just replaces them as they begin to wear or peel off.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Polaris class referred as BusinessFirst on UA 890 PVG-SFO

9/12 UA 890 PVG-SFO had a FA announcer who repeatedly referred business class as BusinessFirst even though they are the new Polaris class seats. She was clearly in the twilight zone. She then said CO 890, but finally caught herself and changed to UA 890 !
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by npei
9/12 UA 890 PVG-SFO had a FA announcer who repeatedly referred business class as BusinessFirst even though they are the new Polaris class seats. She was clearly in the twilight zone. She then said CO 890, but finally caught herself and changed to UA 890 !
I have not heard CO xxx on any flight for several years. UA should dismiss her for this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I have not heard CO xxx on any flight for several years. UA should dismiss her for this.
Yes, she is obviously the worst person in the world.
tuolumne and qwicker like this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by npei
There are no polaris seats on any 787 aircraft those are the old BusinessFirst seats that will eventually be replaced with the polaris seats.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
appears
ual.com and www.ual.com
are no longer available either
They are still available but only for internal use. I just checked one of the old pmUA IT tools and it still attempted to login.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
an adobe flash ad loaded on my upgrade reservation page.... lo and behold, pmCO elite access is a benefit of united first!
Attached Images  
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
speaking of the old Golden Meatball, I posted this the other day in Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion ......

Not trivia or quiz related, but vintage airline memorabilia related here.

ICT Airport is auctioning off some really old signs. TWA, Braniff, HP, Northwest, CO Meatball logo, others.

I'm shocked the bid is only $160 after the auction being live and online for nearly three weeks.
https://www.purplewave.com/auction/170926/item/DL9866

(it is up to $180.00 now)
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by smxflyer
Literally (at EWR)
Literally, a circus of underachievers.
schley and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by riphamilton
an adobe flash ad loaded on my upgrade reservation page.... lo and behold, pmCO elite access is a benefit of united first!
I just checked a bunch of itins for upgrades and they all have this. Not just one pic but a rotating display of four, all with the the old CO font and some showing the word Continental on the pics. Who drags up this stuff? UA should really mount a campaign to have us report these things. Or maybe they don’t care??
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by milepig
I just checked a bunch of itins for upgrades and they all have this. Not just one pic but a rotating display of four, all with the the old CO font and some showing the word Continental on the pics. Who drags up this stuff? UA should really mount a campaign to have us report these things. Or maybe they don’t care??
At least we have this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...te-issues.html

The IT department needs an enema...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.