Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PQM/PQS "carried forward" (rollover) to the next year??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PQM/PQS "carried forward" (rollover) to the next year??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
I disagree

Originally Posted by Baze
The levels are bloated enough, especially since the merger. We don't need people having status that did not fly enough in the calendar year.
I really disagree! I think that 100,000 miles must be the minimum threshold. Flyer miles after this [100,000] must roll-over. This would be good for UA (because we continue to fly UA!) and good the 1K flyer as well.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OnePassenger
I really disagree! I think that 100,000 miles must be the minimum threshold. Flyer miles after this [100,000] must roll-over. This would be good for UA (because we continue to fly UA!) and good the 1K flyer as well.
Remember that miles after 100K in a year at 125K and 150K earn extra RPU and GPU. And all contribute to more reward miles and lifetime miles.

Many folks, however, will take ~25K and credit to Aegean to get domestic lounge access for two/three years. Someone in KTM, though, won't need that.

As a GS, perhaps contact the GS desk and ask what other incentives they might offer you to stay with UA. Probably nothing they want publicly known..
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by OnePassenger
They already provide incentive to fly beyond 1K (although not as great an incentive as it was before) with RPUs and GPUs.

The only issue is that I would be set as a 1K for the next few years+ with a rollover program (esp since I am on track to get 250k+ PQMs) and not provide me any incentive to fly UA for those few years as I could work to gain elite status in other programs.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Kensterfly
Most years I fly around 40k miles. Never enough to make Gold. I always thought it would be nice for UA to acknowledge those of us who continue to fly UA after we hit 25k/Silver Status even though we'll never make Gold. Or for miles flown after reaching Gold but falling short of Platinum.
I could easily, once I've secured UA Silver, switch to Delta, for example, to pump up miles with that carrier. Even if UA gave us half credit for our 'extra' miles to carry over toward next year's status, it would be a nice perk.

I am now told by a friend that DL does exactly that. She had over 13k miles carry over from 2012 that were applied to her 2013 status. Instead of starting with zero status miles on January 1 she started with 13k miles in the bank that were excess miles after she achieved her status rank but fell short of the next tier.
That's a great incentive for status achieving customers to continue to fly DL, rather than switching carriers once their desired Status level is reached.

UA ought to consider that.
personally i would rather have a program where miles continues to be worth something, and international upgrades are actually attainable, than have a few thousand PQM carry over from the previous year. a 5k PQM carryover from previous year can be offset by one transcon MR for <$220.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: CM PP DL GM
Idea for MP

Should MP rollover miles for customers that reach 1K and keep ongoing for more miles I am at 220K premier miles this year and most years I do 80-100 K more miles that 1K requires , Delta does it and also Avianca is like a bonus for people that keep on flying that have reached their goal for status ,because may be one year you want to take off in a sabbatical and don't lose status.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MARIOCASTRO777
Should MP rollover miles for customers that reach 1K and keep ongoing for more miles I am at 220K premier miles this year and most years I do 80-100 K more miles that 1K requires , Delta does it and also Avianca is like a bonus for people that keep on flying that have reached their goal for status ,because may be one year you want to take off in a sabbatical and don't lose status.
No, too many elites as it is. Would just swell the ranks even more. You should earn it each year unless get it with the appropriate million mile level.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
MM is a form of rollover. Delta has rollover but a poor MM program. United has the reverse.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amolkold
MM is a form of rollover. Delta has rollover but a poor MM program. United has the reverse.
Well, I don't consider MM to be rollover. It was my butt in a UA seat for at least 1 Million Miles over 14 years. I earned my Gold for life(?) the hard way.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:51 pm

Thank you

No, too many elites as it is. Would just swell the ranks even more. You should earn it each year unless get it with the appropriate million mile level.
Well that means that will have to reach 2 MM soon to earn Plat for life
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well that means that will have to reach 2 MM soon to earn Plat for life
Yup^ Only a little less than 800K to go.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:21 pm

Talking

Yup^ Only a little less than 800K to go.
Actually is much less than that I made 1MM back in 2011 made good progress since then
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually is much less than that I made 1MM back in 2011 made good progress since then
My new job only has me flying about 30-45K per year now. So is going to take a LONG time for me.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edcho
They already provide incentive to fly beyond 1K (although not as great an incentive as it was before) with RPUs and GPUs.

The only issue is that I would be set as a 1K for the next few years+ with a rollover program (esp since I am on track to get 250k+ PQMs) and not provide me any incentive to fly UA for those few years as I could work to gain elite status in other programs.
Same here - With 200k + mile every year I would started flying one year UA and one year DL.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by mgs 1k
Same here - With 200k + mile every year I would started flying one year UA and one year DL.
You then don't get to take advantage of the benefits you earned.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
You then don't get to take advantage of the benefits you earned.
One would still fly UA when needed (i.e. destination, fastest flight, cheapest, on miles).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.