Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lazy staff - Deliberate bad service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2006-2013
Originally Posted by TransCon1
You probably weren't in a "union" job. Its that the point of a union -- to get more money than you would get in a free and open market, and to get away with behavior that you wouldn't get away with in a free and open market . . . . ?
I wish this wouldn't turn into the value or lack of value of unions. There are legitimate reasons for unions, just as there are legitimate abuses of union safeguards. No question.

My post included a union airline, which is Southwest. And the attitude of employees is great -- very customer service oriented. Also, in the past I felt that United flight attendants were some of the nicest and most pleasant in the skies. And then were unionized then. I think its shortsighted and frankly incorrect to label this as a union issue.

Last edited by johnmont; Sep 24, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2006-2013
Originally Posted by jacroweORD
this guy's attitude had nothing to do with the integration of the two companies. he was just rude and out of control. what was interesting tho, and I certainly took notice, but had yet to state....he suddenly became almost OVER ATTENTIVE to the rest of the cabin (except me). my assumption is that he knew he was WAY out of line in the manner he dealt with me and was trying to cover for it in the way he treated other customers.
I clarified my post to reflect not commenting on your specific instance, but my personal witnessing of an increasing number of such encounters.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:09 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Let's take the discussion of the merits of unions to another forum, please.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by bsb21
I can't wrap my mind around about why UA can't enforce it's own standards and policies?

Staff can simply pick and choose which standard operating procedures they like? Cookie or no cookie?How pathetic is that?
This has bothered me even before the merger. The utter lack of consistency would never be tolerated in any other industry. The deliberate sabotaging of flights (i.e., intentional delays in order to spend the night in Kauai) would never be tolerated in any other industry.

The chaos at AA and anarchy at UA make traveling very difficult these days. I don't live in a city with Southwest or jetBlue and DL only goes to ATL. I'm dreading Sunday's trip.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Originally Posted by emcsweeney
Apparently they must see you coming...
Doubtful. I board via the gate and jetway like every other passenger. I didn't say I was a problem, I just try to be invisible. It's like riding a public tranist bus. Do you stop and talk to the driver or do you just get on and get in your seat until your stop comes, and then get off. I'm a quiet bus rider. There are a few FA's I see repeatedly on some routes, and of course I'm friendly to them. ^
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Untied Premier Platinum
Los Angeles - Honolulu 757-300 service

Love it when there are comments about aircraft that have no basis in reality.
757-300 came to united via Continental - fact , not sure if they purchased them originally. Anyhow, the seats in first are horrible - yes more
room and a meal - but on this trip only overhead video at this point.
After a long anticipated trip to HNL with my wife I was very disappointed in the service and crew - over an hour the FA ignored the entire section while reading in the front galley! United's 757-200 are much better incredibly, ( can't believe I'm saying that) half way between this flight I walked back to the rear to video the extreme length of this aircraft - and was told by the Crazy FA that the air Marshall was watching me ! And that I shouldn't do that .. LOL , there
Is NO law, rule or anything on the books about taking video onboard aircraft.
PLEASE for the sake of sanity pension these old cranky FA's off !!

In the defense of the amazing CO crews I have flown with - two weeks ago
I flew on the 787 Chicago - Houston and was allowed to video the captain and FA and cockpit and the entire cabin area - EVERYONE WAS
So thanks to this crew and everyone involved, it was an amazing day and ill never forget that flight.
If your headed to Honolulu and can route thru SFO - DO IT !
Twice a day triple seven with 3 class service and full economy plus .

SCOTT
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by pilot62
Love it when there are comments about aircraft that have no basis in reality.
757-300 came to united via Continental - fact , not sure if they purchased them originally. Anyhow, the seats in first are horrible - yes more
room and a meal - but on this trip only overhead video at this point.
After a long anticipated trip to HNL with my wife I was very disappointed in the service and crew - over an hour the FA ignored the entire section while reading in the front galley! United's 757-200 are much better incredibly, ( can't believe I'm saying that) half way between this flight I walked back to the rear to video the extreme length of this aircraft - and was told by the Crazy FA that the air Marshall was watching me ! And that I shouldn't do that .. LOL , there
Is NO law, rule or anything on the books about taking video onboard aircraft.
PLEASE for the sake of sanity pension these old cranky FA's off !!

In the defense of the amazing CO crews I have flown with - two weeks ago
I flew on the 787 Chicago - Houston and was allowed to video the captain and FA and cockpit and the entire cabin area - EVERYONE WAS
So thanks to this crew and everyone involved, it was an amazing day and ill never forget that flight.
If your headed to Honolulu and can route thru SFO - DO IT !
Twice a day triple seven with 3 class service and full economy plus .

SCOTT
Bad sCO service? Sounds like this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ttendants.html
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Interesting thread. There is definitely something going on with the PMUA FAs. They do seem to be deliberately providing a reduced service. I am based in Houston but have noticed we are getting increased numbers of PMUA planes and crews. Just completed my 3rd flight in two weeks where the crew failed to do the hot towel service before the F meal was served. All three flights were PMUA aircraft and crews. The most recent was yesterday's AM flight from IAH to PDX on an A320. Egg dish was served cold....yuck! So no hot towels yesterday but cold eggs were served. The on board service seems to be more consistently good with PMCO crews. What's going on with the PMUA crews?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Seat 1F
Interesting thread. There is definitely something going on with the PMUA FAs. They do seem to be deliberately providing a reduced service. I am based in Houston but have noticed we are getting increased numbers of PMUA planes and crews. Just completed my 3rd flight in two weeks where the crew failed to do the hot towel service before the F meal was served. All three flights were PMUA aircraft and crews. The most recent was yesterday's AM flight from IAH to PDX on an A320. Egg dish was served cold....yuck! So no hot towels yesterday but cold eggs were served. The on board service seems to be more consistently good with PMCO crews. What's going on with the PMUA crews?
On numerous other threads in the past month, exactly the opposite has been reported........... and this thread will now descend into another rant on pmCO vs pmUA. I think it all boils down on who you happen to get on your flight---anyway that's been my experience!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by LilAbner
On numerous other threads in the past month, exactly the opposite has been reported........... and this thread will now descend into another rant on pmCO vs pmUA. I think it all boils down on who you happen to get on your flight---anyway that's been my experience!
Sorry but I'm just reporting on my own real experiences. I'm not seeing the PMCO crews going out of their way to skip service items during the flight or serve cold eggs.

BTW, I'm not a CO apologist. AA is my preferred carrier. UA is just a hobby for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.