Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage Posting Errors (incorrect RDMs will be deducted, correct RDMs will be posted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Posting Errors (incorrect RDMs will be deducted, correct RDMs will be posted)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
My 8/16 flight is now fixed, and my 8/18 flight has posted correctly as well.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by ddrost1
it's a ploy to make sure you don't become one of the overentitled right off the bat
Indeed. It's working.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by tashi
This was never about PQMs so now that UA knows about the issue, they will resolve it eventually. Why would you switch to another airline in Jan when thats the time to reap the benefits? If so, switch now and become elite on that airline.
I doubt I'll actually leave. Just venting. Kind of absurd that I flew CLE-ORD as silver and then would lose that status two days later ORD-CLE because of the issue.

On another note, I wouldn't hit gold until my last flight in December. If I were to switch now, wouldn't I only be able to get silver somewhere and start over towards gold? Sorry if I'm confused.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nosey313
On another note, I wouldn't hit gold until my last flight in December. If I were to switch now, wouldn't I only be able to get silver somewhere and start over towards gold? Sorry if I'm confused.
You could, but if I understood tashi, if you are going to move your business in January anyway, why would it matter if you will be gold in UA - you are not going to fly with them, and in the new company you will have no status.

If you move your business now, in January you will be able to at least use your Silver status in the new company.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Mine is already corrected this morning.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Fast Mileage Plus Response to Correct Mileage Earned

I flew a few days ago IAD-FRA and the posted amount of Mileage Earned was 750. Should have been 6,121 (including the 25% bonus). Yesterday I sent a message to Mileage Plus using the united.com form to contact Mileage Plus. Today my account shows the correct Mileage Earned amount. Service that fast never used to happen.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by redburgundy
I flew a few days ago IAD-FRA and the posted amount of Mileage Earned was 750. Should have been 6,121 (including the 25% bonus). Yesterday I sent a message to Mileage Plus using the united.com form to contact Mileage Plus. Today my account shows the correct Mileage Earned amount. Service that fast never used to happen.
trust me, it wasn't your message that got it fixed -- it was the fact that it happened to EVERYONE in MP who flew in the last few days. if it was isolated to your account it would take >3 weeks to hear back and they would claim nothing is wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.