Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LGA United Club (Former President's Club) at Concourse A is now an Air Canada MLL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA United Club (Former President's Club) at Concourse A is now an Air Canada MLL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:33 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Met him two weeks ago. A true asset to the company. Even after a little chit chat with him, he gave me his business card in case "he could ever help me with my United travels." Pam (GS agent who works the club) in the morning is a doll! A real UA version of an AAngel.
The GS agents at LGA are some of the best in the system. Effiecient and super friendly!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'll make sure to ask this when I pass through on Sunday

Think you mean Dennis - that dude is great. Pamela (SD there) is fantastic as well. Just an awesome crew.
Yup, it was Dennis! He is just fantastic! Been there many times, but only recently chatted with him. While I was there, a regular showed up and Dennis greeted him warmly. Great guy.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
Slightly OT, but the elevator and or signs just outside of the elevator upstairs of that old PC / United Club / MLL still also reference the TWA lounge (I saw this last <1 year ago...) still true and if so where was it?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice
Slightly OT, but the elevator and or signs just outside of the elevator upstairs of that old PC / United Club / MLL still also reference the TWA lounge (I saw this last <1 year ago...) still true and if so where was it?
Yes that sign is still there - it points you down a long hallway. I tried to find the UC it was pointing to one time and never found it. I guess there was nothing to find.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Yes that sign is still there - it points you down a long hallway. I tried to find the UC it was pointing to one time and never found it. I guess there was nothing to find.
It's there .... That's the 'rear' entrance to the UC.

And for the others, Dennis IS awesome... Especially 'cuz we share a first name.

(No, seriously, the UC crew at LGA are my favorite in the entire system - so awesome!)
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
It's there .... That's the 'rear' entrance to the UC.

And for the others, Dennis IS awesome... Especially 'cuz we share a first name.

(No, seriously, the UC crew at LGA are my favorite in the entire system - so awesome!)
Is it marked? Can you go in that way?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by elitefreak
yeah, i totally got turned around trying to follow that sign once.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
i agree. a lady got me out of a huge jam last month getting out to LAX. even had my bags rerouted to make sure they would arrive.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
In here as we speak

Even though I'm flying AC, the attendant said no issue accessing on any *A carrier as long as you're *G ^

Pros - nice MLL food selection...soup & a nice salad bar. Can make a light meal if you'd like.

Cons - VERY dark, and no free booze (unlike the Canada MLLs)

Should be nice in it's next phase once they renovate
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Even though I'm flying AC, the attendant said no issue accessing on any *A carrier as long as you're *G ^
as the rules are written
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
as the rules are written
Not every airline plays by those rules!
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Not every airline plays by those rules!
other than the exception SQ, I think success is pretty good for the rest of the *A lounges.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:49 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'm noticing a few slight changes to the lounge as a MLL versus the CO/UA iteration. First, they've installed a fancy automated coffee/espresso machine by the bar; they used to serve coffee from thermal pots. I'm also seeing a slightly better muffin selection and more cereal and juice options, plus hard-boiled eggs for the breakfast menu.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I'm noticing a few slight changes to the lounge as a MLL versus the CO/UA iteration. First, they've installed a fancy automated coffee/espresso machine by the bar; they used to serve coffee from thermal pots. I'm also seeing a slightly better muffin selection and more cereal and juice options, plus hard-boiled eggs for the breakfast menu.
The cookies in the evening are awesome!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: VAG

Pros - nice MLL food selection...soup & a nice salad bar. Can make a light meal if you'd like.

Cons - VERY dark, and no free booze (unlike the Canada MLLs)

Should be nice in it's next phase once they renovate
No free booze? How does that even count as a lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.