Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LGA United Club (Former President's Club) at Concourse A is now an Air Canada MLL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA United Club (Former President's Club) at Concourse A is now an Air Canada MLL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Wink LGA United Club (Former President's Club) at Concourse A is now an Air Canada MLL

I'm in the LGA UC where United people are discussing the fate of this club in an open door conference room. They seem to be turning the Club over to another airline, and they are talking about moving the furniture to refresh the JFK global first lounge. Now they're talking about if the GF lounge in JFK will survive phase 2 of some plan. Seems like "marketing" is making some calls. But the furniture, bar equipment, and tvs are being divvied up. Sounds like UA is imminently leaving this club from the sound of the project manager. Nobody in EWR wants anything from here.

Some major renovations waiting on port authority approval. Not sure of its the lounge or gates. I did notice changes to the check in area here today.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 9, 2012 at 7:08 am Reason: retitled thread for clarity
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by jmr50
I'm in the LGA UC where United people are discussing the fate of this club in an open door conference room. They seem to be turning the Club over to another airline, and they are talking about moving the furniture to refresh the JFK global first lounge. Now they're talking about if the GF lounge in JFK will survive phase 2 of some plan. Seems like "marketing" is making some calls. But the furniture, bar equipment, and tvs are being divvied up. Sounds like UA is imminently leaving this club from the sound of the project manager. Nobody in EWR wants anything from here.

Some major renovations waiting on port authority approval. Not sure of its the lounge or gates. I did notice changes to the check in area here today.
Once UA reconfigures the PS fleet to 2 class there will be no need for a GF lounge at JFK any longer. I doubt it will survive beyond 2013..if that long. But the Club at LGA??? I don't see how LGA can have no UA lounge..that would be stupid. Perhaps they're moving it somewhere else.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Once UA reconfigures the PS fleet to 2 class there will be no need for a GF lounge at JFK any longer. I doubt it will survive beyond 2013..if that long. But the Club at LGA??? I don't see how LGA can have no UA lounge..that would be stupid. Perhaps they're moving it somewhere else.
The JFK IFL makes the IAD IFL seem nice. That's a sad statement. Put it out of its misery. It's interesting to hear they're moving ahead on LGA consolidation in October.

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
I think they are keeping the UC at "C". Just closing the one at "A".

I feel like I shouldn't go in and ask for them to clarify.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 8, 2012 at 11:58 am Reason: multi-quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Hmm, I know a few people at the Port Authority. I'll have to pry them for info

Seriously, though, I never liked the A lounge. Small and cramped.

@SEA1K4EVR - there is another UC at LGA outside the C concourse. The A concourse club is the legacy President's Club and the C concourse club is the legacy RCC. It is much bigger and brighter than the A lounge. Could use a refresh, but a decent enough club. Also, they have a mini-fridge with yogurt available all day!

EDIT: @jmr50 - they are DEFINITELY keeping the legacy RCC. Rumor mill says they want to expand it so the entrance is inside security. I could imagine an entrance like the Newark Terminal A setup where the RCC entrance is literally right next to security.

Last edited by gobluetwo; Aug 8, 2012 at 12:01 pm
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Between this and cutting capacity by shifting four mainline to UX daily to/from ORD, seems like they're going down the path of marginalizing LGA. Not surprising when they can't force their EWR fortress price gouging there. Too bad.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
I think they are keeping the UC at "C". Just closing the one at "A".

I feel like I shouldn't go in and ask for them to clarify.
This is the former President's Club (the one closing), yes?

If so, that's also a former Eastern Airlines Ionosphere Club.

Closing... finally. It's about 30 years past due for a renovation. I can't imagine even JFK wanting anything from there... it's, uhm, outdated, to say the least.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmurphynj

Closing... finally. It's about 30 years past due for a renovation. I can't imagine even JFK wanting anything from there... it's, uhm, outdated, to say the least.
Yes. I thought I heard Canada mentioned. New tenant?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Um - MLL? Yes please!!!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
EDIT: @jmr50 - they are DEFINITELY keeping the legacy RCC. Rumor mill says they want to expand it so the entrance is inside security. I could imagine an entrance like the Newark Terminal A setup where the RCC entrance is literally right next to security.
Don't play with me! How great would that be. I let me RCC membership expire yesterday, but this alone would make me rethink purchasing club access in 2014 when my TK *G expires.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:24 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

It has not been confirmed, but word is swirling around that AC will take over the old PC.

Hopefully, they won't go a la SQ @ SFO and restrict Star Gold admission to those actually flying on AC. The A lounge is pretty small, so they might just do that.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
The old PC was a real dump, especially the bathrooms.

The RCC is substantially bigger, so glad they're consolidating to that one.

Would be VERY surprised if the RCC @ JFK keeps the IFL, given that they're dumping PS F.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
LGA UC at A closing 10/24

The old PC at LGA is a dump. Good riddance
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dmurphynj

So are most things at the new UA
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Um - MLL? Yes please!!!
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I can haz MLL at LGA??? Plz????

^^^^^
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Don't play with me! How great would that be. I let me RCC membership expire yesterday, but this alone would make me rethink purchasing club access in 2014 when my TK *G expires.
No joke. Seth put it out there on his blog back in April.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...-at-laguardia/

Relevant bit:
The current version of the story is that operations will be consolidated into Terminal C (the legacy UA gates) as much as possible. This will include closing the old Ionosphere lounge and expanding the old Red Carpet Club. The former RCC is larger anyways and it has room to grow over the terminal and security checkpoint area. The construction effort will also bring the entrance past the security check-point, making it much more convenient for most passengers. This construction plan has supposedly already been approved by the Port Authority but I have not yet been able to confirm that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.