Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Flight Attendant Uniforms are here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New United Flight Attendant Uniforms are here...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 5:39 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Driving by DCA
I've seen the new unis a few times now and think that some of it is sharp and some of it is a bit meh:
  • The FA blue dress is really nice, flattering on the folks I've seen wearing it, and different than the typical stuff in the air. Maybe a bit Star Trek, The Motion Picture, but at least that's a look.
  • I like the sweater that goes with the skirt. Good on-brand blue and overall a nice contrast with the black skirt.
  • The FA pantsuit is blah, but all pantsuits are blah.
  • The silver GA/TA/whatever dress is sharp.

Overall, I like it.

I think they might have been well-served to do a wrap dress in the blue the same way that Delta did red wrap dress because wrap dresses tend to complement a different set of body types than the dress they've rolled out.

But otherwise I like what I've seen. Yes, some FAs and GAs are going to pick boring pieces. But there are boring people out there and the days of Braniff are long gone.
As for the pantsuits...I was exposed to a whole lot of plumber cracks when I flew yesterday every time the FAs would squat down to pull something from the lower drawer of the cart.

And all the men in gray ties...did someone in charge read the Fifty Shades of Gray series?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: MileagePlus
The blue stewardess dress is definitely the highlight of the collection.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by joban
The blue stewardess dress is definitely the highlight of the collection.
Must be a collection from Sears' 1962 catalog.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:52 pm

There are already complaints about the quality of the uniform materials. I also think the blue FA dress is too dark. Based on drawings I thought it was a lighter shade of blue but it looked rather dark to me, although it may have been the lighting conditions.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
I think the new FA uniforms look great, especially the fun blue dress! However, the aqua-colored gate agent shirts are dreadful. The color looks cheap and dated already, even though they are less than a month old. The aqua color reminds me of the uniforms the public service employees of my tiny hometown wore when I was growing up.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by palmetto86
I think the new FA uniforms look great, especially the fun blue dress! However, the aqua-colored gate agent shirts are dreadful. The color looks cheap and dated already, even though they are less than a month old. The aqua color reminds me of the uniforms the public service employees of my tiny hometown wore when I was growing up.
Indeed, the aqua is odd.

I can see they chose it from the new brand color palette - notice on the departure / arrival displays they use that shade of aqua as an accent.

Unfortunately on those uniforms it is more than an accent. Wasn't sure if my gate agent was a ramp worker when combined with the neon vest for operating the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.