Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
domestic stop-over time 4h? or more?

I was trying to book a MP ticket:
EWR-SFO overnight stopover
SFO-OGG open jaw
KOA-LAX arrive 5am, leave for EWR 11pm

and the 1k agent was not able to book it as single ticket in business award for 80k.
She said the system counted the my LAX time as another stopover, because it was more than 4 hours and hence I have to book two one ways...

Later on I booked with agent almost same flights, except I am now leaving LAX for EWR at 12:40pm - thats still more than 4 hours!

So what are the rules for domestic stopover???
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dsauch
SFO-OGG open jaw

and the 1k agent was not able to book it as single ticket in business award for 80k.
She said the system counted the my LAX time as another stopover, because it was more than 4 hours and hence I have to book two one ways...

Later on I booked with agent almost same flights, except I am now leaving LAX for EWR at 12:40pm - thats still more than 4 hours!

Connections for domestic purposes leave within 4 hours of arriving or next flight, I believe. International is 24.

Is it possible that the next available flight (with award availability) is the one you were booked on (i.e. it wasn't your choice to go over 4 hours, but the next flight that is available)?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dsauch
SFO-OGG open jaw

More than four hours...but obviously it depends on the agent.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Connections for domestic purposes leave within 4 hours of arriving or next flight, I believe. International is 24.

Is it possible that the next available flight (with award availability) is the one you were booked on (i.e. it wasn't your choice to go over 4 hours, but the next flight that is available)?
you are exactly correct, it wasnt my preferred flight. I waitlisted for the one 2 hours earlier.
It also hasnt ticketed yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.