Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Ugh no, I would say SQ F/R would be one of the hardest rewards to get in our lifetime unless you use Krisflyer miles.
OZ F can always come another day.
My moment lapse of judgenent thanks for setting me back to the right course. Her return flight will be on TG F A380 from HKG-BKK then C to ICN and new OZ F back home to ORD. So she will sample 3 *A F this trip. Much prefer clearing custom at ORD final destination than SFO. She has been spoiled after sampling LH,LX,NH and TG F last year to HKG
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Mariott Platinum
Out of curiosity, has anybody done any poking around to see what F/C availability to partners looks like now (I'm thinking either close in, or super far out)?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tomasem
Out of curiosity, has anybody done any poking around to see what F/C availability to partners looks like now (I'm thinking either close in, or super far out)?
I've been looking for stuff in C/F over the next 30 days for my trip and have seen NOTHING in any longhaul config. I have seen SIN-CPH in J via the NH tool, but it is not in the intl longhaul J config (772).
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tomasem
I searched a bunch of random routes that should show up on ua.com with SQ award flights, but I couldn't find any Y, J, or F seats.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by merc1234
I searched a bunch of random routes that should show up on ua.com with SQ award flights, but I couldn't find any Y, J, or F seats.
UA.com blocks any SQ flight award after the recent F floodgates, but anything you see on ANA site is bookable via UA phone agent

*occasionally* i've seen SQ allow C on their 77W on PEK-SIN on UA.com, but dunno whether SQ treat PEK as "regional" or was it a fluke
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:32 pm

Should I be worried if only 2/3 reservations show up on the desktop Singapore Air site? All 3 popup on the mobile version. Also, any odds of SIN-SYD being bumped to an A380?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
Should I be worried if only 2/3 reservations show up on the desktop Singapore Air site? All 3 popup on the mobile version. Also, any odds of SIN-SYD being bumped to an A380?
I wouldn't be too worried. Most flyers have not seen their itineraries on sq.com. But it seems that everyone is seeing them on mobile.com. I only see mine on mobile.com as well.

I think previous posts indicated that sq.com has had this problem before and its not just as a result of these UA bookings.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
I wouldn't be too worried. Most flyers have not seen their itineraries on sq.com. But it seems that everyone is seeing them on mobile.com. I only see mine on mobile.com as well.

I think previous posts indicated that sq.com has had this problem before and its not just as a result of these UA bookings.
+1 Some of my bookings appear on the regular site and some don't but all are at the mobile site and the phone CSRs can see the records for all of them.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Mine never showed up on the maim site up to and including the.day I traveled - but did show up on mobile site.

Originally Posted by dshargorodsky:19014200
Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by 787fan
UA.com blocks any SQ flight award after the recent F floodgates, but anything you see on ANA site is bookable via UA phone agent

*occasionally* i've seen SQ allow C on their 77W on PEK-SIN on UA.com, but dunno whether SQ treat PEK as "regional" or was it a fluke
it won't be a 77W on that route - its a normal 777-300. UA maps it across as a 77W. Business class awards are permitted on regional SQ aircraft (except 773 refurbished aircraft which have a similar F product to the 77W (but with angled lie flats in C))
Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:38 pm

I have SQ1 first class booked for March 18, but its still showing as 777 on UA.com... any idea when the A380 change will reflect? I'm psyched about the idea of having the suite!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Plat, DL Plat, FB Plat, UA 1P, VA Plat, VS Silver, SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE
UA is now showing my SQ F flight as "
This flight segment cannot be confirmed. Please contact United Reservations for assistance."

It was confirmed and ticketed, even had SQ assign me a seat.

Anyone else have this?

My ticket is pretty complex so not sure if SQ pulled it or a dumb UA agent screwed it up.

If SQ didnt pull it, is there any way I can get UA to get it back?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by aussieflyer
UA is now showing my SQ F flight as "
This flight segment cannot be confirmed. Please contact United Reservations for assistance."

It was confirmed and ticketed, even had SQ assign me a seat.

Anyone else have this?

My ticket is pretty complex so not sure if SQ pulled it or a dumb UA agent screwed it up.

If SQ didnt pull it, is there any way I can get UA to get it back?
Have you recently made any changes to your itinerary? It's possible it could be just a glitch so I'd suggest calling United for assistance. I had a few issues with the United site today as well (no reservations were shown under my MileagePlus account) although it all seems to work now.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I'm trying to book the cook on a trip with SQ and TG legs. I can pull the itinerary up on the SQ main website, but when I click select meal, it only pulls up the TG legs, not the SQ ones. What might be going on? FWIW, my trip isn't until May, don't know if there's a certain window that it works.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Plat, DL Plat, FB Plat, UA 1P, VA Plat, VS Silver, SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
Have you recently made any changes to your itinerary? It's possible it could be just a glitch so I'd suggest calling United for assistance. I had a few issues with the United site today as well (no reservations were shown under my MileagePlus account) although it all seems to work now.
I haven't made any changes though there was an issue with a QR flight on the same ticket and the agent didn't quite know what to do.

She then transferred me and the supervisor said the SQ flights are also now unconfirmed.

Hence my uncertainty if it was SQ pulling it or UA screwing it up.

On hold and getting the runarounds for the last 3 hours. Trying to get an agent to get the SQ flights back...

And then to work on the QR segments.

Really frustrating!

#firstworldproblems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.