Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Forced to pay co-pay on upgrade for no reason.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forced to pay co-pay on upgrade for no reason.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 8:59 am
Original Poster

solved: upgrade issue

Going to edit this. got it sorted out

Moderator Edit: since the issue is resolved we'll GP ahead and close this thread.

J.Edward
UA Moderator

Last edited by J.Edward; Jun 17, 2012 at 4:19 pm
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: VAG
edit: Well in that case I'll remove my reply.

Last edited by Jorgen; Jun 17, 2012 at 10:32 am
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
The first segment in L is what causes the issue....

Did you request to ONLY upgrade the ->KIX segment? ANY UA agent (PMCO/PMUA) can pull the eticket and look at it to see original farecode basis.

As said before; hang up and call again (and again if you need to); ask that you want to upgrade but you want to confirm the farecode THEY see.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Without getting into too many details both of you are right. If you can handle this sort of transaction online you have a much better chance of not paying the co-pay.

Last edited by sbm12; Jun 17, 2012 at 10:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.