Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A New Low for me in UA service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united, delta, british
What finally happened--I filed a complaint with DOT and wrote a long letter to UA. A month later I got a call from someone with an apology and a $300 voucher, and agreement that such a thing should never have happened. I thought about holding out for the truth, but just decided to let it go this time.

So a few days ago I had a flight to Miami with a planned layover in Houston of 8 hours, intentional so that I could visit a relative who has a newborn baby. When I got to the airport in Amsterdam they said they were oversold on the Houston flight and wanted to instead send me to Washington. I said I had plans in Houston; there was absolutely no argument and I got on that flight where I had three seats to myself in E+ and I counted a total of ten empty seats. Wow, an encounter with UA that didn't involve a fight--imagine that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.