Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilot Has Unusual Candor

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Beerman92
I'm not a pilot but I'm pretty sure there are FAA regulations that have to be followed for all airlines with minimum rest times that are longer than what you are claiming.
The type of trip that he is talking about is the stand-up or continuous-duty overnight. On those trips the pilots are on-duty all night and have their required rest during the day. The report to work in the evening, after having been on required rest all day, and are then legal to fly all night long. They get a hotel room during the "break" but they are officially on-duty that entire time.

This type of trip allows the airline to schedule the same crew on the last flight in at night and the first flight out in the morning eliminating the need to overnight two crews at that city.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
Originally Posted by HMPS
Very refreshing in this day and age of blame the others .
While I too appreciate the candor, I actually interpreted his comment as a blame on others (the maintenance staff). Not a personal mea culpa, but instead absolving the pilot from fault. .?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.