Wiki Posts
Search

Complete Mess in LAS - 6/7/12

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1P
Unhappy

Probably my one of my worst United experiences ever. So the 757 that showed up with the broken gear door was a replacement for the original 757 that for whatever reason didnt fly SFO-LAS. The ground staff at SFO never loaded the catering for the LAS-IAD leg, so there was no food to transfer over to the plane to replace the broken one at LAS. Of course there were no announcements about this, even though the FAs had boarded the broken plane that landed at LAS.

Fast forward 3 hours, now I am sitting in F listening to the FAs .....ing about how there is no food on the plane. A 4 hour ride that is already 3 hours delayed. A couple UA people in dress clothes and walkie-talkies showed up and discuss, I can tell they are all pissed. Finally they break the news to the plane (after sitting at the gate for 30 minutes) that there is no food, but you will get a compensation card. I think one of those UA suits went and bought some pre-made food at the terminal, because they handed out plastic wrapped sandwichs (no tray, utensils, napkins) to F.

We finally taxi, and at this point the stupid Jeff video comes on, and its the one about 6000 flights a day, blah blah, on time. Everyone starts boo/hissing. Then we find out the audio channels are broken.

Once I found out about the audio, I made a comment "Wow, we should be getting at least 3 of those cards for just this one flight!" Apparently it rubbed the FA wrong, because she pulled the "do we need to turn this plane back to the gate" line. She later appologized when we de-planed. They also "forgot" to give out the cards. I had to ask for one, and at first they acted like they didnt know what I was talking about. Then another lady asked, and they magically found the stack of cards.

At IAD, all the poor people that waited 3 hours in line at LAS and didnt get rebooked had to wait in another line (with just 2 gate CSRs) at midnight. Luckily IAD was my destination and I didnt have to deal with that. They had multiple gate CSRs working at LAS, but it took FOREVER to rebook just one person. That stupid reservation system is SO SLOW. It took at least 10 minutes per person, and they had a full 757 to take care of, plus the cancelled DEN flight.

The 757 with the broken gear door is still at LAS. Its the plane with the new Y seats and used to have wifi.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by HokieEngineer
At IAD, all the poor people that waited 3 hours in line at LAS and didnt get rebooked had to wait in another line (with just 2 gate CSRs) at midnight. Luckily IAD was my destination and I didnt have to deal with that. They had multiple gate CSRs working at LAS, but it took FOREVER to rebook just one person.
Hey, I've got an idea that has never been thought of before!
How's bout someone call from LAS to IAD and suggest that perhaps it would be cool if ALL the mis-connect's arriving in about 3 hours get re-booked so when they get there they have everything ready to go for these screwed over un-fed passengers! Or better yet how's bout someone in LAS get that assignment, instead of just slamming the jet bridge door and heading south through the tunnel.

Naw, faaaget-it, that would take initiative, and thinking outside the box!
Screw-em, let them eat cake!!!
Welcome to the NEW UA world where on every flight you get to hear how lucky you're going to be, just you wait & see!!!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Hey, I've got an idea that has never been thought of before!
How's bout someone call from LAS to IAD and suggest that perhaps it would be cool if ALL the mis-connect's arriving in about 3 hours get re-booked so when they get there they have everything ready to go for these screwed over un-fed passengers! Or better yet how's bout someone in LAS get that assignment, instead of just slamming the jet bridge door and heading south through the tunnel.

Naw, faaaget-it, that would take initiative, and thinking outside the box!
Screw-em, let them eat cake!!!
Welcome to the NEW UA world where on every flight you get to hear how lucky you're going to be, just you wait & see!!!
==================

Funny you should mention this concept as just the other day we had a flight cancel and I tried (God knows I tried) to get a list of passengers who were connecting to other points off that cancelled flight. I actually wanted to rebook them ahead of time. After asking several ex-CO agents (who didn't know), I finally got someone who knew. However, the entry just told me the number of passengers connecting and not where they were connecting to or their names. I didn't need statistics, I needed a list of PASSENGER NAMES and the downline cities they were connecting to. I gave up; didn't have the time to look through EVERY PNR. In FASTAIR we would have gotten this information in one passenger name list display instantly. Sad.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Ground Staff is hit or miss in Vegas, mostly miss. I used to fly Ted every single week for 4 years, some were great some were bad, even though they would see me every single week multiple times.

The good ones alway blocked middle or entire row for me.

Oh I miss Ted!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by FlyingNone
==================

Funny you should mention this concept as just the other day we had a flight cancel and I tried (God knows I tried) to get a list of passengers who were connecting to other points off that cancelled flight. I actually wanted to rebook them ahead of time. After asking several ex-CO agents (who didn't know), I finally got someone who knew. However, the entry just told me the number of passengers connecting and not where they were connecting to or their names. I didn't need statistics, I needed a list of PASSENGER NAMES and the downline cities they were connecting to. I gave up; didn't have the time to look through EVERY PNR. In FASTAIR we would have gotten this information in one passenger name list display instantly. Sad.
The reason these pmCO employee's didn't know how to get a list of disrupted passengers is because obviously it isn't or hasn't been important to them or in particular their supervisors to take care of their customers. Until the suits at the top delegate someone to specifically handle these mis-connects due to mx - wx- or cancelled flights (when they know hours in advance exactly who ain't gonna make it on time) people are going to be on their own to get to where their going, in stupid customer service lines a mile long.

My daughter works for an airline, at the ticket counter, but never-ever sees a passenger. Her sole job is to rebook each and every passenger that has future problems making a flight in and out of the airport where she works. She starts with the highest elite and works down the list, assisting passengers that don't even know she exists. She does this EVERY DAY!

With the NEW UA it's slam the door on the last passengers a$$ and gett-er out on time and screw the poor soles that are being held captive after that!

Last week while waiting for my flight from LAX-LAS I saw 3 customer service agents sitting by gate 80 grabbing a$$ for over an hour, doing nothing. There probably weren't any problems at that particular time anywhere in UA vast network, but if there was wouldn't it have been a pregnant idea for a supervisor somewhere to ask around to see if anyone was available to work on people flying to a city where 2 customer service agents @ IAD were patiently waiting for a "57" loaded with mis-connects? It's all the same airline but it's definitely every man/woman for themselves, and many of them don't know what the hell their doing to begin with and it starts at the top and trickles down!

Simply amassing!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.