Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Likelihood of clearing the wait list?" thread (International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Likelihood of clearing the wait list?" thread (International)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
I have a flight booked in econ NRT-SFO in mid-February, with waitlist offered. What are the chances of it clearing (silver status, if that matters)?

One of my wish-list items is to fly the upper deck of a 747. Assuming there's chance it does clear, is there any reasonable possibility of it being upstairs, or are those seats likely to all be gone?
almost impossible to say at this point. it becomes a little easier to forecast a week or two ahead of time. that being said if you plan to go to the waitlist there is no time like the present.

for silver status your priority is about as low as they get without being a general member (but you already knew this). can't hurt to try though.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
almost impossible to say at this point. it becomes a little easier to forecast a week or two ahead of time. that being said if you plan to go to the waitlist there is no time like the present.

for silver status your priority is about as low as they get without being a general member (but you already knew this). can't hurt to try though.
I checked yesterday and they were waitlisting for my flight. I went in tonight to get put on the waitlist and...8 seats available!

So, there we go. Based on an online search, I came across some discussion where they said 15K was a good seat choice. Anyone have an alternate opinion?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
I checked yesterday and they were waitlisting for my flight. I went in tonight to get put on the waitlist and...8 seats available!

So, there we go. Based on an online search, I came across some discussion where they said 15K was a good seat choice. Anyone have an alternate opinion?
Congrats! 15K is one of the best seats. For more info:

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United 747

Be sure to check out the NH lounge (noodle bar) at NRT.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
I'm sitting at the (wrong) lounge at NRT looking at the u/g waitlist for NRT-IAD.

I have a B fare, put in for an upgrade with 30k miles, and am #11 on the list. 37 of 40 seats have been booked, but only 23 checked in at 3 hours prior to departure.

Looks like 12+ hours in Economy Plus -- wah.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.