Wiki Posts
Search

Is SBUX back?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Is SBUX back?

I won't know for sure until I fly tomorrow, by today when I was completing OLCI, on the page where it describes the various services available in each cabin it explicitly said Starbucks coffee, which is not something I remember ever reading since 3/3 or since the switch to Freshpoo #1 last year.

If COdbaUA has actually listened to customer complaints and gone back to SBUX from Freshpoo #2 I would consider this to be quite a victory and a minor miracle. Anybody actually experienced whether this is true or not?
Old May 27, 2012, 5:10 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
No, that text has unfortunately been on the web site for quite some time.

UA's IT cannot be bothered to correct such minor issues; after all, they still had SkyTeam references in several places on the site until very recently.
Old May 27, 2012, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exerda

UA's IT cannot be bothered to correct such minor issues; after all, they still had SkyTeam references in several places on the site until very recently.
I mostly thought it was too good to be true, just not sure how I never noticed it before, or maybe it only shows up on certain service description pages. While it is a minor issue as you say, someone could seriously go after UA for false advertising with this if they wanted to I think.
Old May 27, 2012, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gradsflyer
While it is a minor issue as you say, someone could seriously go after UA for false advertising with this if they wanted to I think.
The DoT has been big on that lately. I'd definitely file a complaint and see if UA gets fined.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by sbm12
The DoT has been big on that lately. I'd definitely file a complaint and see if UA gets fined.
No - Class Action
Old May 27, 2012, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

I really don't know that I'll bother with a complaint, and I didn't think of taking a screen capture at the time but as far as advertising goes it is pretty Jeffed up.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: United MM (formerly 1K), Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by exerda

I would think SBUX would sue them for trademark infringement.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
Originally Posted by gradsflyer
I really don't know that I'll bother with a complaint, and I didn't think of taking a screen capture at the time but as far as advertising goes it is pretty Jeffed up.
The real irony for me lies in the fact that one of the preflight videos had Smi/J talking about how the company's new data systems were world class and would make the machine more efficient.

Based on my entirely unscientific study, I think every PMUA IT system that was Customer facing was much better than PMCO's. I think it boils down to attention to detail. Things like OLCI screens are important if you're trying to build confidence in your brand.

Of course, given the "Jeffing" up of the integration, I can see how this item wouldn't be caught.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by FlyingNut724
I would think SBUX would sue them for trademark infringement.
and they should. Someone might drink the UA freshpoo and think it was starbucks... vowing to never go to a starbucks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.