Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Petition against United's new NO Pets in Cabin to Mexico policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Petition against United's new NO Pets in Cabin to Mexico policy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 6:21 pm

You can petition all you want but US Airways and American have both changed their policies to reflect this as well. Sounds like an issue with the Mexican government.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Leave the poor animals at home where they are comfortable. Why the heck would anyone take a pet to Mexico? Lots of bad pet diseases there.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AM Gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Leave the poor animals at home where they are comfortable.
So if, let's say, you're moving to a new country or are going for an extended vacation you should abandon your pet at home? That's a bit of a silly thing to say, and a cruel thing to suggest.

I've been living in Mexico for 14 years and have three cats. I've also travelled with two Bengal kittens (in cabin) from IAH to MEX with the purpose of bringing them into the country, and I can also tell you that the regulations are quite good for pet travel. The USDA Health Certificate is accepted, which makes it a straightforward process.

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Why the heck would anyone take a pet to Mexico? Lots of bad pet diseases there.
Could you please show some references for this claim? There's certainly a little bit of rabies here, but not more than you will find in the United States, and I'm curious as to what else you are referring to.

By the way, here is the actual procedure for bringing a pet into the country, from the Mexican government itself: http://www.senasica.gob.mx/?id=3705
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Funny how this thread has been hijacked into a pets in the cabin or not debate. That was not the OP's point at all.

Pets are allowed in the cabin on most airlines and most routes. Why are Mexican routes excluded? Is there a reason? All of the hijacking posts in this thread meant that I couldn't be bothered to search for comment that were on topic.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:40 am

Fairly sure UK government doesn't allow pets in cabin either, HK certainly doesn't.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:44 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by bankops
Funny how this thread has been hijacked into a pets in the cabin or not debate. That was not the OP's point at all.

Pets are allowed in the cabin on most airlines and most routes. Why are Mexican routes excluded? Is there a reason? All of the hijacking posts in this thread meant that I couldn't be bothered to search for comment that were on topic.
Agreed.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.