Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Petition against United's new NO Pets in Cabin to Mexico policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Let's start a petition to SUPPORT and EXPAND the decision not to allow pets in the cabin.
I'll sign that petition, the US isn't a third world county (yet?).
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
No pets in the cabin. OK, for REAL service animal needs, yes. But the way the laws are being interpreted by UA, they let anyone who says they need the dog with them call it a service animal. I have seen way too much of this on my flights.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:56 pm

I signed. One of my dogs originated from Mexico, albeit on an American Airlines flight. The pilot even got a kick out of it, announcing XXX passengers, XX crew, and 5 dogs in 1st class!
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:35 am

I don't want dogs in the cabin. If you're worried about bad things happening in the cargo hold, leave them home or put them on a ship.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by nebinkwe2
I just created a petition: United Airlines: ACCEPT PETS IN_CABIN GOING INTO AND OUT OF MEXICO... and I could really use your help.
Not a chance. Some of the worst flight I have ever had were due to out-of-control pets in the cabin. I remember an LH transatlantic flight in business class some years ago where a yippy little dog would not shut up for 9 straight hours. Yip!... yip!... yip!... yip!... yip yip!.... yip!.... yip! Even the dog lovers on board wanted to shoot that thing. Service dogs that are trained to behave are OK when absolutely necessary, otherwise... no pets in cabin.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I'm in favor of letting large dogs fly in first class if they have a seat. However, no small dogs and no cats in the cabin whatsoever. I don't like small dogs and I'm allergic to cats.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canddmeyer
and 5 dogs in 1st class!
There's an example of why pets shouldn't be allowed in the cabin. 5 in one cabin? Great . . .
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, MR Platinum
No. The cabin is for humans.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by nebinkwe2
good Morning Everyone:
I just created a petition: United Airlines: ACCEPT PETS IN_CABIN GOING INTO AND OUT OF MEXICO, because I care deeply about this very important issue.

I'm trying to collect a minimum of 100 signatures (MORE would be better!), and I could really use your help.

To read more about what I'm trying to do and to sign my petition, (copy & paste):
http://www.change.org/petitions/unit...odTHHKCrpe=d2e

It'll just take a minute!

Once you're done, please ask your friends to sign the petition as well. Grassroots movements succeed because people like you are willing to spread the word!
Sorry, I don't support your petition. Keep your Animal at home or pay for a care taker or kennel. No one is fond of seeing your animal when flying somewhere, especially if flying in economy and you're holding that darn cage .
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by last2board
As an extreme allergy sufferer, I am opposed to animals in the cabin.
As an animal lover and somebody without allergies, I am opposed to animals in the cabin (except for actual service animals).
Old Jun 2, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
I'm very opposed to this as well. I don't like pets in the cabin on any route (except service dogs, obviously) and I am a dog lover. My dog stays with friends/family when we fly or we take driving vacations so he can come.

On a UA flight 2-3 years ago I was in F and the woman behind me was transporting a kitten she had just adopted. I'm allergic to cats, but nothing severe. The FA was enthralled by the kitten but made sure the woman understood she had to leave it in the cage under the seat. I was awoken mid flight by a kittens very sharp little claws digging into my scalp trying to come up over the seat. As I spun around in shock the woman's only response was "please don't tell the FA." Not "I'm terribly sorry" or anything like that...

A month after that flight I was on another UA flight on a wide body and someone did the same thing with a puppy and after it squirmed loose it took a solid 30 minutes to get a hold of it as it darted around the cabin.

My father lives in SJD and came up to Colorado for 2 months of vacation last year and I flew down and drove up with him (long drive) and then drove back down with him with his 2 dogs. Was a heck of a road trip but the dogs seemed to enjoy it.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
No support from me

2 dog and 2 cat owner here and I do not support the petition. Dogs have no place in the cabin. I once had the 'pleasure' of a large service dog (think German shepherd size) sprawled across not only the owners foot space but most of mine as well. I really did have a problem with not being able to move my feet due to a large, shaggy dog occupying most of the space. Dogs go in the hold or preferably, stay at home in a kennel.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 12:47 pm

I have been a dog owner my entire life and I am against this as well. I find it more unfair to the dog, but still I don't get the need to stuff a dog under a seat and scare them out of their minds.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K 2MM
A lot of absolute thinking on this thread. My perspective is that I have never had a problem with a small pet on the plane; the one real hassle involved a 'service dog'. A friend of mine lives part of the year abroad and part of the year here in Seattle. She has a small and very well trained dog; has sussed out the airports where she must change planes and located their places for dogs to enjoy a breather from the kennel; and she pays a considerable fee for the privilege. I think Alaska had a policy of limiting pets to one per flight, resulting in having to plan well ahead and/or be flexible as to schedule.

Flyer 420
in Seattle
Old Jun 2, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
My dog is much better behaved and much better looking than most human airline pax. I'm fine with banning animals as long as you also ban humans who act like animals or who aren't properly clothed or bathed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.