Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
:-: United's Global First Lounges located at LHR, JFK, ORD, SFO, HKG and NRT are for the exclusive use of passengers traveling in United's Global First or in International First Class on a Star Alliance member aircraft with more than two classes of service departing that day from that airport.

:-: United's Global First Lounge located at IAD is for the exclusive use of passengers traveling in United's Global First. See
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20895856-post36.html for documentation of the exclusion of non-UA F pax from the IAD GFL.
10/31/2013
This has now been confirmed to be false and an incorrect denial by the IAD GFL staff per UA Insider - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21700252-post535.html

Passengers must be holding a same day ticket for flights departing to/from a Trans Atlantic, Trans Pacific, Southern South America, Africa or a Middle East destination. Passengers connecting to/from other United/United Express flights will be admitted as long as the above requirements are met.

Global Services members can also use Global First Lounges when traveling in BusinessFirst or p.s. (JFK-LAX/SFO) BusinessFirst cabin.

A GS who arrives in BF or GF will be admitted to the GFL. A pax who arrives in GF (Global First - UA operated flight 3-class aircraft) will be admitted to the GFL. A GS or pax who arrives on other metal will not be admitted on that basis.

from United Global First and Arrivals lounges
United Global FirstSM Lounge

The United Global First Lounge is an oasis of service and privacy. Tailored to the needs of United Global First customers on long-haul international flights*, we offer personalized services, complimentary hors d'oeuvres and premium beverages.
Access policy

The following customers may access the United Global First lounge by showing their United boarding pass for a flight arriving or departing on a same-day (within 24 hours) itinerary.

United Global First customers traveling on long-haul international flights*
Star Alliance™ First customers departing on international flights

These eligible United Global First Lounge visitors are allowed one adult or child to accompany them as a guest.

*Long-haul international flights are between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East or South America.
Print Wikipost

Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 2:19 am

Arriving at ORD in LH F, connecting onwards in UA domestic F at concourse B. is there any way I can access a shower facility at ORD?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 2:49 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by savekenny
Arriving at ORD in LH F, connecting onwards in UA domestic F at concourse B. is there any way I can access a shower facility at ORD?
Without *G status, not departing in International Business/First, no UC / other *A partner lounge membership -- No unless you purchase / acquire an one-time access pass. in *A (and with a few special exception) lounge access is based on departing BP.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Without *G status, not departing in International Business/First, no UC / other *A partner lounge membership -- No unless you purchase / acquire an one-time access pass. in *A (and with a few special exception) lounge access is based on departing BP.
Is there an arrivals lounge for F?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 3:59 am

There is no *A F arrival lounge at O'Hare except for the showers in the UC Club at C16, which has already been mention. I don't know how much time you have to connect but here are some other possibilities.

There is the Hilton athletic club in the basement of the Ohare Hilton. Don't know the current fee, but you get a locker, towels, use of the gym and pool for the fee. When you take the tram from terminal five, you get off at terminal two and use the underground walkway to the health club in the Hilton. When you are done, it a short walk to terminal 1 via the underground corridor by the parking garages.

In terminal 2, just past security (which you have to go through after leaving terminal 5) on your left is a Quinzos and the Children's playlot. Against the wall from the playlot, there is a private family bathroom. It's not a shower but you can wash your hair and freshen up in private. After you are done, it's a short walk to terminal 1 b concourse. Just go back the way you came and walk past starbucks towards the WWII fighter plane, which is a display for Lt Butch O'Hare who the airport is named after.

Hope this helps. If you are on the LH 747-400, enjoy the bed next to your seat. Have a Johnny Walker Blue for me! Safe Travels.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by northsideguy
There is no *A F arrival lounge at O'Hare except for the showers in the UC Club at C16, which has already been mention. I don't know how much time you have to connect but here are some other possibilities.

There is the Hilton athletic club in the basement of the Ohare Hilton. Don't know the current fee, but you get a locker, towels, use of the gym and pool for the fee. When you take the tram from terminal five, you get off at terminal two and use the underground walkway to the health club in the Hilton. When you are done, it a short walk to terminal 1 via the underground corridor by the parking garages.

In terminal 2, just past security (which you have to go through after leaving terminal 5) on your left is a Quinzos and the Children's playlot. Against the wall from the playlot, there is a private family bathroom. It's not a shower but you can wash your hair and freshen up in private. After you are done, it's a short walk to terminal 1 b concourse. Just go back the way you came and walk past starbucks towards the WWII fighter plane, which is a display for Lt Butch O'Hare who the airport is named after.

Hope this helps. If you are on the LH 747-400, enjoy the bed next to your seat. Have a Johnny Walker Blue for me! Safe Travels.

Yes, I'll be on LH 744. I have a couple hours to connect. Could I get to the Club at C16 after passing through immigration and customs?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Yes, I'll be on LH 744. I have a couple hours to connect. Could I get to the Club at C16 after passing through immigration and customs?
getting between B and C is a easy walk but based on you have stated you will need to purchased a one-time access pass ($50 - cheaper on ebay) to enter the C16 UC (and you are not eligible for the IFL).
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
getting between B and C is a easy walk but based on you have stated you will need to purchased a one-time access pass ($50 - cheaper on ebay) to enter the C16 UC (and you are not eligible for the IFL).
Per note on top of this thread, I thought pax arriving on *A Intl F to connect is eligible?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Per note on top of this thread, I thought pax arriving on *A Intl F to connect is eligible?
No. Only UA to UA. This is LH to UA.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:21 am

Most *A lounges are based on departure status (unless you have a membership or are *G)-- UA makes an exception for their IFL for arriving GF on UA operated flights. Their is no *A Arrivals lounge in ORD.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
*A lounge finder shows I can access UA IFL at T7 when I'm on US LAX-SJU in First / Envoy cabin. Is that really the case? Not that I'd want to actually access it, as US flights depart from T1, but going to IFL on a Caribbean trip is pretty neat.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by burlax
*A lounge finder shows I can access UA IFL at T7 when I'm on US LAX-SJU in First / Envoy cabin. Is that really the case? Not that I'd want to actually access it, as US flights depart from T1, but going to IFL on a Caribbean trip is pretty neat.
The only way you can get access to first class lounge is to fly F in a 3 class cabin on an international flight.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

Since SJU is technically part of the US, I am not sure it qualifies and I think the US Envoy product is C/J. It could be that the lounge finder is wrong.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Since SJU is technically part of the US, I am not sure it qualifies and I think the US Envoy product is C/J. It could be that the lounge finder is wrong.
Yep, since the US flight is just a 2 class jet then you put in business class in the lounge finder on the *A web site. You will see then it will not list the UA IFL.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by AZjohns
Yep, since the US flight is just a 2 class jet then you put in business class in the lounge finder on the *A web site. You will see then it will not list the UA IFL.
Thanks, that actually makes sense. It also means that while flying to SJU in F on a 3-class aircraft, one would have access to the IFL. So, then I guess SJU is considered int'l destination after all.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cheltzel
The only way you can get access to first class lounge is to fly F in a 3 class cabin on an international flight.
Well - technically, you can now be a GS in int'l C and access it, or be in PS F as long as the 3 cabin config exists
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by burlax
Thanks, that actually makes sense. It also means that while flying to SJU in F on a 3-class aircraft, one would have access to the IFL. So, then I guess SJU is considered int'l destination after all.
Probably, but is there any *A jet that fly's a 3 class LAX-SJU? Also, as you can see, the *A web site shows you can use AC lounge for your business class. But that is in terminal 2 and I think you need terminal 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.