Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is the archive thread. The active thread is Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass

Chase in conjunction with UA, as a renewal benefit for certain UA MP-branded Chase credit cards, offer one-time United Club (UC) access passes. {Hyatt also offers similar passes for their top elites.} These passes offer one-time access to the UC (with any airline same day BP) on a space-available basis. No guest privileges. The pass is only for UA operated clubs, cannot be used at non-UA operated lounges.

Note: Due to UC renovations and/or Polaris lounge construction, club capacity at most domestic UA hubs is constricted. Leading to some access restrictions for one-time passes -- especially at peak times.
One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all ORD club location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.
At the EWR clubs in the C concourse, one-time passes are not being accepted when the clubs are approaching capacity.
For SFO, there is no access near the G / international gates for one-time passes. They are being re-directed to the E/F gate UCs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need the actual paper one-time pass?
Technically, no. All you need is a picture/scan of the pass number and bar code on the back of the day pass. The lounge agent will manually type in the number or ask you to scan the barcode on the scanner. UA states
A valid mobile or paper United Club one-time pass and boarding pass for same-day travel OR
A valid 15-digit one-time pass number and boarding pass for same-day travel
Can I upload/store the one-time pass in the United app?
Sadly, you cannot upload/store paper passes in the United app. However, as of Summer 2017, all new passes issued by the Chase United Explorer card are now loaded directly into the United app.

Can I use these one-time passes at partner/contract/*A lounges?
No. These one-time passes are only used at actual United Club lounges world-wide. Any lounge identified on this page as being operated by "United Club" are eligible for use with one-time passes.

How many people can enter the United Club with one-time access pass?
One person per pass. Exception - UC policy is all children under 2 are not considered a formal guest.
A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. Exception: children under 2 years of age may accompany someone accessing a United Club location with a one-time pass.
Can I use one-time pass at multiple United Clubs on the same day?
No. You must surrender your day pass upon entering the club. If you plan to visit multiple United Clubs on the same day, you will need multiple day passes. Some clubs will allow re-entry and/or use of other UA Clubs at same airport -- inquire at the entry desk (it typically involves a stamp on your boarding pass). However, no way to use the same pass at a different airports.

Is a boarding pass required to use a one-time pass at a United Club?
Yes, a same-day boarding pass is required. It can be with any airline until Nov 1, 2019. "Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance™ or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations."

Are in/out privileges allowed when using the one-time pass?
Technically, no. However, it is not out of the realm of possibilty if you ask the lounge attendant. YMMV, though.

Are minors allowed?
Yes, as long as they are accompanied by another person 21 or older. Remember, one day pass per person (lap child excluded).

Can I be denied entry into the United Club?
Yes. If an United Club is at-capacity, it will no longer sell day passes. It will also deny entry to those with one-time passes initially and other eligible travelers ( UC member, *G, premier cabin,...) could be delayed on entering once capacity reaches local limits.

Are expired one-time passes still usable?
Expired one-time passes can be used for a $25 admission fee, up to 30 days after the expiration date.

Can I give my pass to a family member or friend? How?
Yes. You can provide the physical pass to them. You may also provide them with the pdf version of the pass that Chase sends when your card renews, which they can print or scan from their phone. Finally, you can take a screenshot of the pass in the United App and email/message that to your family member. The pass will remain in your United App until it is used by someone else at a club, so it remains available for your use (unlike a physical pass).

I see these passes available for sell on eBay/Craigslist, ...? Are they valid? Is this safe?
It should be noted UA frowns on the third party trading, selling, or bartering of their coupons. As with any transaction of this type, it's always buyer beware; however, reports of issues are very rare.
The current going rate on eBay is $20-30 each for passes with a lengthy expiration date. Passes that expire in a few weeks can be had in the $10-15 range, sometimes even less as the expiration date creeps closer.

I cancelled my Chase United Explorer card. Are my passes still valid?
No. When you cancel your card, any unused one-time passes will be forfeited from your account--even if you printed out the barcode from the United app for later use. The time between card cancellation to pass invalidation is unknown; however, it is suggested that the passes aren't invalid until they disappear from your UA app. This is now an additional risk one needs to be wary about when buying one-time pass barcodes from eBay/Craigslist.

Entry is also available for $59 (as of 02/2016) at the UC itself or by purchasing within the United mobile app.
Print Wikipost

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
There is no way to extend the expiry, but you may use them when flying any airline.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by findark
There is no way to extend the expiry, but you may use them when flying any airline.
Since passes don't have names on them. Can we sell them online?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by jamesbondc
Technically not, but it happens.

You might be able to arrange a swap with someone who needs them sooner but has ones with longer expiry date.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... I have four lounge passes from United which has an expiry after one year duration. If I don't take any trip in 12 months is there a way to extend instead of losing out on the passes ...
it is reported there is a one month grace period after expiration where the passes are good for a half price admission.

... ? Also, can I use the passes even if I am flying a different airline? Thanks in advance.
Yes until Nov 2020, 2019, then no.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 16, 2019 at 9:47 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yeah, people sell them all the time on eBay. That used to be my discounted way in to UCs before status.
You could also make a trade on Coupon Connection if you have access.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
When passes are restricted, is there usually at least one UC at the airport that allows them? If so, is one typically open to passes more often?

Going through ORD on Sun and with the mess, I figured the clubs would be more full so I skipped B and tried the one in F and was turned away. Though she said I can try back in 30min or so to see if they are less full. Thinking back, the regional jets were probably more delayed than mainline so I guess F would probably be more crowded.
I'm going through again tomorrow afternoon and would like to try again.

Also, I've heard of time limits but how would this be enforced? They don't track who leaves. I once overheard that their system tracks the flight departure time and assumes the person has left to catch their flight by a certain time. Do they just not accept you if you flight isnt for hours?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by eng3
When passes are restricted, is there usually at least one UC at the airport that allows them? If so, is one typically open to passes more often?
Nope. Purely an occupancy thing. It's completely possible for all clubs at an airport to not accept passes.

Originally Posted by eng3
Also, I've heard of time limits but how would this be enforced? They don't track who leaves. I once overheard that their system tracks the flight departure time and assumes the person has left to catch their flight by a certain time. Do they just not accept you if you flight isnt for hours?
I don't know of any published time limits, but I've also been able to enter the UC at ATL many hours ahead of my flight. Also, some people are eligible for access on arrival, so I highly doubt that they track based on flight departure time.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:29 pm

united club access at EWR using club pass from explorer credit card

Hi,

I have a couple of united club passes from the chase explorer credit card and am planning to give to my kid's college friends to use when I have to drop them off a few hours early at EWR.

Two of them have United economy tickets, but one have southwest, can the kid with southwest ticket be able to use the united club pass?
One of them will be flying out of terminal A, which I assume she would have no problem provided she is flying out of A2.

However, for Terminal C, Is the United Club near gate 74? I have been reading different reviews and I am afraid I may have confused it with the Polaris lounge which I assume they can't use. Gate 74 is not the one converted to Polaris lounge, right?
Is there any possibility that they can't use the club pass, denied access etc?
TIA
Old May 15, 2019, 9:38 pm

There is a very strong chance the club pass will be denied due to lounge capacity.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by annamom
Two of them have United economy tickets, but one have southwest, can the kid with southwest ticket be able to use the united club pass? ...
Yes, until 1 Nov 2019
....One of them will be flying out of terminal A, which I assume she would have no problem provided she is flying out of A2. ...
Correct

...However, for Terminal C, Is the United Club near gate 74? I have been reading different reviews and I am afraid I may have confused it with the Polaris lounge which I assume they can't use. Gate 74 is not the one converted to Polaris lounge, right?
C74 is a UC
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-club-ewr.html

...Is there any possibility that they can't use the club pass, denied access etc?
TIA
At peak periods some C term UCs will not allow one-time pass access (if this happens, ask which UCs are allowing access)

Believe you have to be 18 to enter unaccompanied (unless there is a self-service bar which none of the UC at EWR have)
Old May 15, 2019, 9:48 pm

thank you for the quick response.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes until Nov 2020, then no.
You correctly state Nov 2019 later in the thread, but you may want to edit this post to avoid giving people temporary bursts of excitement that they had misread the change in the first place, followed by a crushing google adventure. Not that I speak from personal experience.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds

You correctly state Nov 2019 later in the thread, but you may want to edit this post ...
done, thanks

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 16, 2019 at 10:28 am
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:01 pm

I have 2 Chase United one day passes (have not yet expired) which someone gave me. Is there someplace I can enter the pass numbers to see if they are still valid (i.e. he hasn't closed his Chase account)? Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Bitzer
I have 2 Chase United one day passes (have not yet expired) which someone gave me. Is there someplace I can enter the pass numbers to see if they are still valid (i.e. he hasn't closed his Chase account)? Thanks!
Unfortunately, no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.