Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premiere Accelerator Rates [2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines Award/Premiere Accelerator Rates [2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Can confirm that EQM's are steady at $0.21 for all my itineraries (both rev and award) and PQM's are now down to $0.075. Though I didn't purchase, I didn't know that buying PQM's at $0.75 are really not additional miles you can use for awards, just status points I guess.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Current PQM purchase rates? I'm getting 8826 miles for $574 - good deal?

I'm wondering if the current PQM mileage purchase rate has been varying at all.

Right now, the offer is $574 for 8826 miles.

This is 6.5 cents/mile.

is this a good deal???
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
Originally Posted by caseminole

This is 6.5 cents/mile.

is this a good deal???
What routing is that?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Yes, compared to my offers its good, I have 20K pqm + 20K pqm for $2100.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite

This is 6.5 cents/mile.

is this a good deal???
Is this total or just eqm? I'm being offered ord-hnl 639.00 eqm plus 212.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:09 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by AZjohns
Can confirm that EQM's are steady at $0.21 for all my itineraries (both rev and award) and PQM's are now down to $0.075
Um, Elite Qualifying Miles = Premiere Qualifying Miles. These are for status, old term, current term. The other term is Redeemable Miles (RDM).

This is 6.5 cents/mile.

is this a good deal???
I didn't double check your math, but if you're geting 6.5 cents/mile for both RDM and PQM (total the two, can't buy PQMs without purchasing RDMs), then that would be the best price anyone posted this year so far.

EmailKid, just purchased THREE MRs, no longer looking for Qualifying miles
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by genejock2004
Refreshing does bring back the old pricing, but it resets back to the new higher pricing on the purchase page Anyone else experience the same issue?
Originally Posted by ping
I'm having a same problem.
Back in May in this thread, I mentioned there are different price offered
for mileage purchase before/after MP# login, then later many told me
that could be corrected by refreshing the site.
It actually corrected, so I thought it was a bug or something (I didn't purchase
any mileage then).

Today, I wanted to purchase both extra mileage and premier mileage
and logged in.
( The price shows in the same manner as I did in May - different price
before/after, then refresh the button - voila ! lower price.)
As I pressed with "get more miles for $1XXX" , then, strangely enough,
next page "payment Information" shows HIGHER total price of $2XXX !!!

I suppose genejock2004 had the same problem.
Are there anyone who purchased with "corrected price" ?
Actually, I thought it was doing this too, but it is doing something different and in the end I am able to buy RDMs for 2.1 cpm.

As an example, when I go to purchase the miles it shows 10,000 miles for $210. When I enter my MP#, it changes to 10,000 miles for $378 (or whatever it is). I refresh and it changes back to 10,000 miles for $210. I then click to buy it and on the buy page it changes back to $378. BUT!!! Check out how many miles it is offering for that $328, it isn't 10,000 miles, but rather, in my case, 18,000 miles for $378 which is still 2.1 cpm.

So, for those of you who say the prices jumps back up on the payment page, check out how many miles it is for that price, in my case enough to make it 2.1 cpm.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by whimike
Actually, I thought it was doing this too, but it is doing something different and in the end I am able to buy RDMs for 2.1 cpm.

As an example, when I go to purchase the miles it shows 10,000 miles for $210. When I enter my MP#, it changes to 10,000 miles for $378 (or whatever it is). I refresh and it changes back to 10,000 miles for $210. I then click to buy it and on the buy page it changes back to $378. BUT!!! Check out how many miles it is offering for that $328, it isn't 10,000 miles, but rather, in my case, 18,000 miles for $378 which is still 2.1 cpm.

So, for those of you who say the prices jumps back up on the payment page, check out how many miles it is for that price, in my case enough to make it 2.1 cpm.

Is there any way to get only a fraction of miles other than booking a new flight? I am offered 30k PQM which is a lot and very expensive.
Apart from that as I understood here these PQM can be purchased only to PLT level, not to 1K. So after 75k miles you need fly the remaining 25k.
Is that correct?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:11 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Is there any way to get only a fraction of miles other than booking a new flight? I am offered 30k PQM which is a lot and very expensive.
Apart from that as I understood here these PQM can be purchased only to PLT level, not to 1K. So after 75k miles you need fly the remaining 25k.
Is that correct?
No, you can buy PQM via Premier Accelerator all the way up to 1K.

The only PQM which do not count toward 1K are the "Flex PQM" from the CO Presidential Plus credit card.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by exerda
No, you can buy PQM via Premier Accelerator all the way up to 1K.

The only PQM which do not count toward 1K are the "Flex PQM" from the CO Presidential Plus credit card.
Thank you for this valuable info. This will change my strategy. I will see if I can get closed to 1K and is really worth to buy the missing PQM.

Does the cost increase in final months of the year usually?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: ua 1k
I have a TATL flight coming up in September and had an offer to buy extra award miles for about 2.1 cpm. After redeeming a couple of award tickets, this offer disappeared. In fact, I do not get an offer to buy award miles for any of my upcoming flight. Anybody else seen this?

Last edited by tjuabayflyer; Aug 14, 2012 at 11:48 am Reason: fixed typo
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:49 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Does the cost increase in final months of the year usually?
Yes--come November and December, rates tend to skyrocket. IIRC, we've seen as much as 30 cpm for PQM in late December.

However, the rates held steady at 10cpm for PQM and 2-3cpm for RDM for much of this year until falling very recently (see other posts in this thread for some recent reports of 6.5-7cpm for PQM, for example), so it's tough to tell exactly when or to what levels the rates will increase. I for one do expect the rates to go up as we approach the end of the year.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Um, Elite Qualifying Miles = Premiere Qualifying Miles. These are for status, old term, current term. The other term is Redeemable Miles (RDM).

I didn't double check your math, but if you're geting 6.5 cents/mile for both RDM and PQM (total the two, can't buy PQMs without purchasing RDMs), then that would be the best price anyone posted this year so far.

EmailKid, just purchased THREE MRs, no longer looking for Qualifying miles
This routing is LAX-IAH-JAX and MCO-LAX. My math was wrong, sorry guys! Its $822 for 8826 miles (the message was $574 "more" than just buying the regular miles), so I forgot to add both #'s.

I'm getting 9.3 cents/mile then; also, is it true with other posts about a 2.1 cents/mile rate as well?

Last edited by caseminole; Aug 14, 2012 at 12:00 pm
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:01 pm

This routing is LAX-IAH-JAX and MCO-LAX. My math was wrong, sorry guys! Its $822 for 8826 miles (the message was $574 "more" than just buying the regular miles), so I forgot to add both #'s.

I'm getting 9.3 cents/mile then; also, is it true with other posts about a 2.1 cents/mile rate as well?
6.5 is OK for PQM's, for some people in some cases.

2.1 for RDM's seems like an OK deal to me too.

All of my itineraries are still .03/RDM and .075/PQM, so I'd need to spend .105 to accumulate PQM's (while also receiving the RDM's). Still a little to expensive for me...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
6.5 is OK for PQM's, for some people in some cases.

2.1 for RDM's seems like an OK deal to me too.
non status friend is getting exactly this offer presently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.