Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
What's the difference between v2 and v3? Row 8's distance to the lav? Is the lav in a slightly different place?
v3 is the DTV version and all of row 12 is E-.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's v2 of the 739, as depicted on the UA website: 737-900. (note I can't link direct to v2, so you have to click the tab to see that version).

Wouldn't recommend you rely on seatguru for anything.
While this is sometimes sound advice, do note that in this case SeatGuru is correct, as I pointed out. OP was just on the wrong page.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
While this is sometimes sound advice, do note that in this case SeatGuru is correct, as I pointed out.
Right. It was a generalized comment about SeatGuru.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:27 am

Smile Help me please! E+ or not to E+, THAT is the question!

Unfortunately, I am the epitome of the oversized traveler...Although I feel for the other travelers - It's not the easiest thing to deal with for me either! LOL SO, For the sake of other passengers (& myself) I am trying to find the area on the plane with the MOST room for a "Big Guy", as well as the best place for a person with broad shoulders. I am 6'4" tall and weigh 320lbs, wear a size 56 coat and size 40x34 pants, and a lot of my weight falls on my belly and midsection. Clearly, airline seats aren't always the most comfortable of seats. I considered 1st class... unfortunately, my wallet disagreed - following a bit of a battle, I did win the argument of E- vs E+ though! Basically, the last time I flew, I flew from SYR to DFW and purchased the cheapest possible flight. I ended up near the back of the plane and it was so tight that I literally COULD NOT sit all the way down - without the seat in front of me reclining or anything, I wasn't able to completely sit down (w/out pushing on the seat in front of me & cramming into the seat with a shoe horn) Needless to say this was uncomfortable for me, a serious safety concern, and NOT something I want to experience again.

My next trip will be SYR to LAS. On the way there I fly to ORD then ORD to LAS, on the way back I fly LAS to ORD again, then a short flight home. The ORD/LAS leg is the longest of the two flights each way and is my main concern.

On the way there I'm on United Flight 599, ORD to LAS, on 3/18 and am currently in 34C. This is a Boeing 737-900 and I have an option between upgrading to 7F or 8A/B, neither row has an open aisle seat. I feel an aisle seat will help prevent me from crowding another passenger - Since this is the longer of the two flights I would like to be as comfortable as possible. The other option would be 21C/D, I meet the qualifications to sit there, and they're aisle seats available on both sides. Given everything mentioned, would I have more legroom in rows 7 or 8 or row 21? Either way, if it were up to you, would you go with a seat in 7 or 8 over 21 knowing that I would need to give up the aisle seat???

On the way back I'm on United Flight 448, LAS to ORD, on 3/23 and am currently in 28C. This is an Airbus A320 and I have to choose between upgrading to row 7 (no aisle) or Row 21 (aisle) again. So I have the same questions for this flight - Which would you take? The A320 is situated a little differently than the 737-900, so the row 7 doesn't have a lavatory next to it and appears as though it may have a little more room than the 737. I would really appreciate all the help I can get. THANKS!!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Naegele412
Unfortunately, I am the epitome of the oversized traveler...Although I feel for the other travelers - It's not the easiest thing to deal with for me either! ....!
E+ buys you length, as in more space between your seat back and the seat ahead. Width varies by aircraft type. The A320 is wider than the 739, and all the seats on that aircraft will have more room between you and your neighbors in adjecent seats. Try to fly A319/320s and avoid Boeing if you want more width to help you fit in with your seatmates.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
E+ buys you length, as in more space between your seat back and the seat ahead. ....
This -- For a given aircraft E+ seat width is the same as E- but the OP might consider http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-flights.html and selecting a row with armrest that flip up.

Originally Posted by transportprof
... Width varies by aircraft type. The A320 is wider than the 739, and all the seats on that aircraft will have more room between you and your neighbors in adjecent seats. Try to fly A319/320s and avoid Boeing if you want more width to help you fit in with your seatmates.
^ -- presently the A3xx offer the widest UA Economy seats.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Horrible AC in First Class,iAd to lax in this bird tough
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Lani1
Horrible AC in First Class,iAd to lax in this bird tough
Well, right now there are a bunch of 752s flying the IAD-LAX route. Otherwise you get 738s and 739s. And what was 9 or more flights daily back in the older UA days is now down at 6.

That being said, SFO-IAD is also at 6 a day, mostly 739s with one 772 (high density Hawaiian style) thrown in.

David
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I have searched the thread. And I haven't been upgraded in a while

What is the best FC seat for a pet carrier (small dog, standard carrier)? I can't remember if there are two partitions (with that weird center area which would be fine for the carrier) or just one. Does the window or aisle have more room/width? Height is not an issue. Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
The seat map on a United 737-900 shows six rows in F, with 7DEF missing, I am assuming this is the lavatory. I don't see it in the wiki, or on seat guru, or on seat expert. Is this a new configuration? If so, any guidance on whether 6EF recline to any degree, if the lav is behind?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by weezl
The seat map on a United 737-900 shows six rows in F, with 7DEF missing, I am assuming this is the lavatory. I don't see it in the wiki, or on seat guru, or on seat expert. Is this a new configuration? If so, any guidance on whether 6EF recline to any degree, if the lav is behind?
Only bird with 6 rows of domestic F as far as I am aware are the 753s. The 739 only has 5 rows.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Only bird with 6 rows of domestic F as far as I am aware are the 753s. The 739 only has 5 rows.
Sonofagun the app showed a739 choosing seats then flight status showed 753.
Ha!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:30 am

What's the differences between v3 and v4 other than v3 is E- for 12DEF while v4 is all of 12 for E-?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
18/3/17
MCO-IAD
N69824
4E

Almost 3 year old bird and I thought J class was a bit shabby. The seating looked well worn. It has not aged well. We had the free united on board entertainment via mobile devices. The toilet behind J was INOP for the flight.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:23 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vincepoy
What's the differences between v3 and v4 other than v3 is E- for 12DEF while v4 is all of 12 for E-?
The size of the Row 7 lav hence the need to adjust the seat pitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.