Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Service Response Time

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I guess we're no longer entitled to customer care.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
One reference point: I sent an email on July 4 and got a response on August 7. I'm a 1K and it was regarding a $6000 J ticket. Not that I think the last two pieces of information matter to the new UA.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Sent an email monday evening regarding missing PQMs and got a response tuesday afternoon (~22hrs)...better turn-around time than I expected.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Sending complaint to Cust care - response in 4 weeks
Sending complaint to 1KVoice - response in 3 weeks
Sending Complaint directly to SMI/J - response BY PHONE within 48 hours
Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Email Complaint Response Time?

I was just curious about a typical response time from UA regarding a complaint email. I emailed a general question email last Saturday (8 days ago), and never heard back anything. I then emailed a complaint email 5 days ago, and still no response. The "thanks for sending us an email" that I received back just said they would respond to me "soon". I searched and couldn't find anything relating to response times from UA.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by DavidAL
I was just curious about a typical response time from UA regarding a complaint email. I emailed a general question email last Saturday (8 days ago), and never heard back anything. I then emailed a complaint email 5 days ago, and still no response. The "thanks for sending us an email" that I received back just said they would respond to me "soon". I searched and couldn't find anything relating to response times from UA.
a couple of my emails post 3/3 have never been answered. those that are it has been anywhere from 3-8 weeks. in other words, don't hold your breath.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by DavidAL
FT user UA Insider has been very helpful and prompt with a couple of issues/complaints I raised with her. PM her if you need urgent assistance.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: UAL 1.8MM/1K and AA Exec/Plat.
United is unresponsive to complaints about poor service and changing of MM benefits-

I am 1K UAL and have flown almost 1.8MM. Complained to UAL Chairman by letter about poor service on EWR to TLV flights that cost me 600K miles for godson and his mother. Also complained about downgrading bonus miles for 1MM fliers who were supposed to get 100% bonus in future but now get 50% bonus. Received nonresponsive emails from Customer Service drones and admission that UAL does not compensate flyers for poor service and that benefits are now better for 1MM. Unbelievable. However, I figured out way to deal with UAL, go to other airlines. Now also Exec Plat on AA. Many times cheaper to fly AA one way and UAL one way. If enough people take business from UAL, maybe they will get new Chair who is concerned with customers and not only shareholders. Also, maybe time for each MP member to buy one share of UAL and go to shareholder's meeting to protest. I now fly both UAL and AA.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by michael13
I am 1K UAL and have flown almost 1.8MM. Complained to UAL Chairman by letter about poor service on EWR to TLV flights that cost me 600K miles for godson and his mother. Also complained about downgrading bonus miles for 1MM fliers who were supposed to get 100% bonus in future but now get 50% bonus. Received nonresponsive emails from Customer Service drones and admission that UAL does not compensate flyers for poor service and that benefits are now better for 1MM. Unbelievable. However, I figured out way to deal with UAL, go to other airlines. Now also Exec Plat on AA. Many times cheaper to fly AA one way and UAL one way. If enough people take business from UAL, maybe they will get new Chair who is concerned with customers and not only shareholders. Also, maybe time for each MP member to buy one share of UAL and go to shareholder's meeting to protest. I now fly both UAL and AA.
Did that make you feel better?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
I now fly both UAL and AA.
As long as you keep flying United, they don't care about ur complain.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Also complained about downgrading bonus miles for 1MM fliers who were supposed to get 100% bonus in future but now get 50% bonus.
A little late to be complaining about that issue, being that it was announced a full year ago. I haven't bought a paid ticket on UA since, solely because of that issue.
Merger Update: 2012 MileagePlus Program Details
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
I don't think COdbaUA management cares.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Received the offer to buy miles at 40% discount.

Link does not work, wrote an email, response in 2 hours.

Complaint sent 3 months ago, no response yet.
There is indeed some interest in some areas...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Phone response not too bad

Today I called in two times to reservations and got an agent within 1 minute, and called the MP service center number, and someone picked up immediately (as in so quickly that I didn't think it was actually a person).

Email I agree is still taking a while... my last one took a week and a half or so.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by transparent
Email I agree is still taking a while... my last one took a week and a half or so.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.