Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Service Response Time

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by blueman2
Hmmm. As a GS, it typically takes 3 weeks or more to get a response from my emails. It is getting better, but still. 13 minutes vs 20 days. Slight edge to AA, huh?
Slight? Huh.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
no personal response addressing my issue.
I experienced the same last week...I had a minor issue with my AA account, I sent an e-mail with my request and I received an almost immediate personal e-mail response within 15 minutes...followed by a telephone call the next day from AA CS making sure my issue was handled properly and thanking me for my business.

If AA can provide this service, why can't UA...In the "old" days UA did offer excellent CS to elites...I remember being told by my favorite CTO agent that as long as it was not against the law, they would do it for me!! Now all UA can offer is "no" or a hour+ on the phone to accomplish even the simplest things. Sad, Sad, Sad!!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:13 pm

I filed a complaint to US Air via their web form, and got emailed an apology and two E-TUV vouchers (one for myself, and one for my travel companion) in slightly over an hour. No status or US Air membership.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
For me, email sent 8 June, reply received 17 July.

On another case, formal paper letter sent to Rapid City service center 25 June, dead silence so far.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
talking about customer service: just send an email to american airlines, got an answer within 13 minutes. i am still waiting for an answer to an email that i send to united about a month ago.
It's taking me a few weeks to get responses from AA and each email says they cannot help me and tells me to call reservations. So far, I'm not so impressed with them.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by mitchmu
It's taking me a few weeks to get responses from AA and each email says they cannot help me and tells me to call reservations. So far, I'm not so impressed with them.
Do you have status with AA?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
I had a UA flight canceled June 20th, resulted in overnight at IAD. emailed UA customer service 6/21, finally got a reply (and compensation) July 17th.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3.01MM, Global Entry, RCC LIFETIME (pd $2k in '90)), HH GOLD, Pan Am Clipper Club Lifetime
Took them 3 months to respond to my initial situation which, of course, they didn't even read but sent a robo-response. Resubmitted my request and its been over 4 weeks. Geesh....
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:37 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I suspect between the 25k bonus clawbacks plus the 4 mile HKG awards fiasco, UA Customer Service's backlog is only going to grow...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by pigx5
Do you have status with AA?
I have just been upgraded to EXP with them on a status match. Literally, 5 minutes after I posted my prior message about how slow they have been, someone from AA called me to discuss the issues I was asking them about. They must be reading this forum. ;-) She was really nice but, in the end, couldn't help me with anything. Not so sure how much greener the grass really is at AA.

They gave me a status match with 8 SWUs to be earned after flying 45K EQM, I tried to negotiate for SWUs up-front, she said they only did that for a 5-day window in the beginning, not since.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UAMP Gold Million Miler; American, Delta, Southwest; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt; Marriott, A-Plus
What to do When UA/CO Customer Service Does Not Respond?

Looking for some simple advice from the folks here. I had a nightmare scenario about a month ago and I sent a letter through the United Website on 5 July. Have not hear a word back other than the return email saying they got my email.

What is the recommendation for the next step? Since I am now a mere mortal lifetime Premier Exec Million Miler, I know I am not going to get the same level of service as when I was 1K.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
1K members don't get much better service either these days in my experience I imagine they will reply to you eventually but the response may not be what you had formerly come to expect.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...onse-time.html
What is the recommendation for the next step?
Sit tight, its running about a month for a CS response... could be more now with folks bombarding CS about the HKG mistake.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: Burrito Elito
What's up with customer care?

What is a normal response time for customer care to resolve an issue? Long story short, I was downgraded on the outbound leg of a domestic F award.

Phone agents and mp agents were not able to process a partial mileage refund and said I had to go through customer care which has no phone number, only a web form. I submitted this almost a month ago and so far it's been nothing but crickets. How long should I wait before following up and who should I follow up with since the phone agents haven't been able to do anything?

Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:16 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Sounds about right.

Two reasons:
  1. Lots of people are complaining / otherwise contacting customer service these days--so they're really behind.
  2. PMCO had a reputation for de-emphasizing customer service, which is probably reflective of an overall policy stance which has carried over to COdbaUA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.