Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Service Response Time

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Unknown. Picking up the phone is probably your best bet.

On "Customer Care" issues, I have yet to get a single response via the Customer Care email or the "appreciation" link, after multiple attempts. SO . . . I need to take my own advice!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by juergenor
I filed a complaint on their website (cancelled TAL flight) and have not heard back in over one week. Last time (April) took them 6 weeks - what is the current wait time?

PS: Why does UA hate their customers this much?
I have had several communications with Customer Service the past couple of months and I had an auto response in one day and a personal response within 5 days. Each case the issues were resolved.
Personal opinion, UA does not "hate" their customers!!!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K - million miler
Originally Posted by Doug 1029
I have had several communications with Customer Service the past couple of months and I had an auto response in one day and a personal response within 5 days. Each case the issues were resolved.
Personal opinion, UA does not "hate" their customers!!!

Flown almst 50k on UA metal YTD - have not expirienced what I would consider CS - treatment and (lack of) communication is unacceptable. Calling makes no sense, last time I had to listen to a distressed CS agent. Glad you had better experience - I don't. Seems though that I am not the only one...

Why would an airline treat their customers this way?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold / *A Gold
Refund issue

Since the merger, the e-mail address for the refund (which I consider a customer service issue) does not work.

My only choice was to send a fax. Average wait times between replies is about 3 weeks. For an issue that arose in March (father's failing health, wavier of $ 250 international ticket change fee as per United's policy), I am still waiting the refunds.

While some of the replies seem to have been somewhat non-responsive, I would not say they were indicative of "hate the customer", but it is frustrating it is taking so long.

Telephone CSR can't help with refund requests, and the website form for following up my request does not show any status updates. I last resubmitted about 15 days ago using the feedback webpage (and the fax number).

Yes, I am frustrated, but still willing to give them more time. I am however thinking of sending a PM to UAinsider if this goes on much longer.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
"Instant" 1K response - a good sign for the future?

Regarding a 1K Voice response - the second good thing like this that's happened in the last two weeks.

Wrote to 1K Voice regarding a refund that hadn't been received for upgrades purchased on a later-cancelled flight. I wrote last night and by this morning the refunds (including UK tax) were received - amazing... I had not looked forward to spending time on the phone explaining everything, esp after I had described everything completely and succinctly in the email. Pleasantly surprised and hope this portends well for the future!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Lifetime UA Club, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Nat'l Executive Elite, Hertz Gold
YMMV ... I had 5 trips in June, the last starting today. 4 out the 5 -- yes -- suffered IRROP (all mechanical or crew -- none weather). I decided to write in after each one, asking for an explanation of what seemed implausible to me. No response. It's been 3 weeks since the first email.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by vaticano1
YMMV ... I had 5 trips in June, the last starting today. 4 out the 5 -- yes -- suffered IRROP (all mechanical or crew -- none weather). I decided to write in after each one, asking for an explanation of what seemed implausible to me. No response. It's been 3 weeks since the first email.
Yes, it seems that 1K voice is getting better and faster at solving straightforward problems: refunds, mileage not credited, even perhaps compensation for one-off things. But your request for an explanation, along with multiple problems like the surly GA's at EWR that I read about today, might be above their pay grade. I just hope that they are at least categorizing and logging complaints for management.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
AA answered my email in 13 minutes

talking about customer service: just send an email to american airlines, got an answer within 13 minutes. i am still waiting for an answer to an email that i send to united about a month ago.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
talking about customer service: just send an email to american airlines, got an answer within 13 minutes. i am still waiting for an answer to an email that i send to united about a month ago.
Hmmm. As a GS, it typically takes 3 weeks or more to get a response from my emails. It is getting better, but still. 13 minutes vs 20 days. Slight edge to AA, huh?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
I am sitting at 14 days with no reply yet as a GS...

13 minutes for a system generated response, or for a real response??
Suspended

Emails I sent to United usually take around a month for a reply.

Programs: UA 1K
United responds to emails?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:50 pm

I like the delay. It gives me plenty of time to make sure my question/comment is correct. A 13 minute response is just too quick. Maybe I would have changed my mind if they waited 20 days....
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I got ya beat Last email I sent to AAdvantage CS was answered in under 5 minutes (along w/ compensation for the issue). I think United doesn't invest well in CS staffing or prioritize elites in answering emails. I also think that at least based on DOT data, they probably receive a heck of a lot more complaints than AA does
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
I am sitting at 14 days with no reply yet as a GS...

13 minutes for a system generated response, or for a real response??
personal response addressing my issue.

Last edited by flyinghigh77; Jul 18, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.