Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Service Response Time

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
Originally Posted by exerda
GS and 1K members have been experiencing response times of 3 weeks or more. I've got one in which is over a month with no response now myself.
6 emails about 2 missing segments on 3-5

0 replies.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I sent an email to the United Club in early February and they got back to me two months later
Old May 22, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Why Spirit Airlines is the new United, sort of.

When writing emails to United, I used to get an answer within a couple days. Right now I am still waiting for a respond to an email i send out weeks ago. Yesterday, I send an email to Spirit Airlines regarding missing miles. It used to take weeks to hear back from them. This time, I received an answer within 12 hours and bonus miles were posted right away. How times have changed.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I sent in something a week ago - guess I shouldn't expect anything until 2013. UA CS is pathetic now.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:38 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
My last couple of communications have gotten responses within 10 days; one may have gotten a response within 2 days (it's not clear to me which note I sent they were responding to--one I'd sent 10 days earlier, or one I'd sent 2 days earlier as a follow-up).
Old May 25, 2012, 11:41 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My last complaint was emailed May 2nd and responded to (if you can call it that) on May 18th.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:02 am

How long does it take for reply from United re complaint

I contacted United gold department to complain re special meal which was missing on my business class flight from ICN - SFO (for 2 pax)

How long can I expect to wait before hearing from them?

Any idea what type of compensation I might expect?

Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
four to six weeks if you are lucky.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
I've read on here that response times have been getting shorter, at least for more serious things like missing re-credits etc.

The 1K line seems to be down to less than a week, based on one minor complaint I had recently.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by StingWest
The 1K line seems to be down to less than a week, based on one minor complaint I had recently.
That is my experience as well, when contacting UA via email.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by CApreppie
I sent in something a week ago - guess I shouldn't expect anything until 2013. UA CS is pathetic now.
2014 for them to really solve anything.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
2014 for them to really solve anything.
On a related note, I called the Premier line this morning about 4:30am EST. They said the expected hold time was 15-20 min! I was shocked at such a long hold time in the middle of the night. I went back to bed and then called about 6:15am and got an expected time of 20-25 min.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Vistana Chairman
On June 14, I received the following email:

Dear Mr. controller1:

I apologize for the delay in this response.

It appears the issue described has been corrected and you may view the details at www.mileageplus.com.

Regards,

XXXX XXXXXX
MileagePlus service Center

This was in response to an email I sent on March 15 pertaining to an incorrect crediting of mileage from a March 7 flight. So this response took three months. And yes I realize it was right after 3/3.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:49 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
It seems like compliments sent in get lowest priority, or else no response at all. I'm going on 5 days after a recent compliment with no response, and another which I specifically followed-up on and indicated that I do at least like to know the compliment has been received and hopefully passed on to the appropriate folks has never received a response after more than two months.

Well, I do have a complaint e-mail I've been itching to send...
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K - million miler
"Customer service" response time

I filed a complaint on their website (cancelled TAL flight) and have not heard back in over one week. Last time (April) took them 6 weeks - what is the current wait time?

PS: Why does UA hate their customers this much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.