Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DAZED and CONFUSED at 4MM

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Missing nada

You have spent years and $ on paid travel in order to gain/maintain status. Now you have attained that status permanently. GS is still the top of the heap, even if the overall height of the heap is (by some but by no means all) reports diminishing. Without wanting to get snarky, sounds kinda like the dog chasing the car and finally catching it now wondering what to do with it.
You are not missing anything. With GS status assured and that amount of miles in the bank, you can forget about having to chase status and just enjoy whatever perks are available. And I second the suggestion to consider donating some miles to charity.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Congrats ---

To get your GPU's you do have to fly at least four UA segments during the prior year.
That's not what UA Insider has said.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by leisure warrior
There seems to be little incentive to fly more once one reaches the 4MM lifetime level. What am I missing??? ...
to use your status benefits you need to fly UA (paid or award). Even among GS, fare class is the next priority on upgrades. The fact you do not need to chase a particular paid level of travel is your major benefit.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: United 1K
Ive Got You Covered

All you need to do is to use the SWU for any flight that would have you waitlisted instead of one with space. Then call the GS line and cancel and it will be extended out one year from the date they put it back in.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:36 pm

I think we have here a case of discovering the chase being more fun than the reward itself.

UA has handed everything it can. Enjoy it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.