Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Ever see (+X blocked) in booked column on upgrade list?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2019, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Possible reasons
-- Oversold economy / lower cabin
-- Irrops of other flights creating an oversold economy situation
-- change of scheduled aircraft ( or an expected change), this is to protect against overbooking business
-- broken seat(s)
-- pilot / crew rest seat(s)

Generally, this is good news for those on the upgrade list and a possible chance of Op-ups for some.
Print Wikipost

Ever see (+X blocked) in booked column on upgrade list?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:24 pm

Blocked seat for GS

Im a GS flying EWR-LHR in J. A few days before the flight my schedule forced me to swap to the daytime flight, which unfortunately was J0, so I was waitlisted for the cabin keeping my original flight. Within 24hrs of departure, still not having cleared the waitlist, I swapped my ticket to an available Y ticket and applied plus points. When I did the change the app booked/capacity immediately changed from 46/46 to 45/46, but interestingly inventory remained J0. Given the timing of the app change without inventory change I am wondering if they block seats for GS waitlisted or on the upgrade list? Additionally I was willing to pay cash for the J seat rather than chance my pluspoints, is there a way to get it unblocked?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OldNewYorker
Given the timing of the app change without inventory change I am wondering if they block seats for GS waitlisted or on the upgrade list?
No, they do not.

Originally Posted by OldNewYorker
Additionally I was willing to pay cash for the J seat rather than chance my pluspoints, is there a way to get it unblocked?
No. If inventory is J0, it's because they do not have any space available, whether it's booked 45/46 or 46/46. What they will do is block a seat for someone in PE who's upgrading if PE is oversold. That's likely what you're running into here.
OldNewYorker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.