Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SAN United Club Access Questions (e.g. UC in T1, flying out of T2, how to access)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAN United Club Access Questions (e.g. UC in T1, flying out of T2, how to access)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
Originally Posted by BL*
Hi – anyone know if I’m flying out of SAN T2 on a different airline (not my choice ), is there still a way for me to go to the T1 lounge?
Sure, 10 min walk from T1 to T2. Lounge is behind security and kind of wimpy. How long is layover?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:53 pm
BL*

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by y2k1jetta
Sure, 10 min walk from T1 to T2. Lounge is behind security and kind of wimpy. How long is layover?
Hi - Not a layover, my trip is originating in SAN. I was wondering since my boarding pass will be from an airline that flies from T2 - is there a way to to get thru security in T1 to utilize the lounge. I've done this with a UA boarding pass when flying from T2 but never with another airline's boarding pass.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
Understood now, and I don't know, sorry. I would imagine yes.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:48 pm
BL*

Thanks anyway... maybe someone else has done this and will reply.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by BL*
Thanks anyway... maybe someone else has done this and will reply.
You know, that is a good question. I have orginated out of T2 on UA. I did visit the T1 United Club before hand ( used my T2 Boarding Pass ). I assume as long as you have a valid BP you should be alright. Just let them know that you are using the club if they question you.. ( however, this is only speculation on my part ) Let us know how it works out. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by BL*
Hi – anyone know if I’m flying out of SAN T2 on a different airline (not my choice ), is there still a way for me to go to the T1 lounge?
I did this (flew on UA though) and had no issues. My backup plan was to ask for a gate pass from the agents if I had issues with the TSA but they let me through.

I hope they have a new UC at T2 though (esp with all that construction).
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:59 pm
BL*

Originally Posted by edcho
I did this (flew on UA though) and had no issues. My backup plan was to ask for a gate pass from the agents if I had issues with the TSA but they let me through.

I hope they have a new UC at T2 though (esp with all that construction).
I just did another search, worded a bit differently and found a thread about gate passes. I will plan on doing that instead of trying to get thru with my DL boarding pass.

I too hope they put one in T2 - would be nice.
Old May 18, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
SAN United Club - access when departing from Terminal 2?

Is it possible to access the United Club in SAN - located in Terminal 1 near the legacy UA gates, behind security - when departing from a Terminal 2 legacy CO gate (35/36)? I am uncertain whether security will let you through or whether United can issue a gate pass? Thanks for your help!
Old May 18, 2013, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by rch4u
Is it possible to access the United Club in SAN - located in Terminal 1 near the legacy UA gates, behind security - when departing from a Terminal 2 legacy CO gate (35/36)? I am uncertain whether security will let you through or whether United can issue a gate pass? Thanks for your help!
You should (or ask for a gate pass if security does not allow you through) -- although when are you traveling? I believe the new Terminal 2 (Green Build) is set to open soon (the estimated completion date is Summer 2013). UA was set to be the primary user of those gates (still don't know if it's the case). If so, I would think they would have a UC club there as well. I guess we will eventually find out.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/...sform-airport/
Old May 18, 2013, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by DonSFO
Just my opinion, but I don't think the SAN United Club is worth any trouble. It is small with very few windows that are towards the tops of the walls, so you can't look out of them. They also tend to be dirty, as is the rest of the club (torn wallpaper, etc.). You can tell UA isn't putting any effort into the club and that its days are numbered. It is my understanding that a new club will open in the new part of T2 and that the operations are going to consolidate on that side.
The SAN UC is one of my favorite clubs and I will avoid flying out of T2 for that reason.

You should (or ask for a gate pass if security does not allow you through) -- although when are you traveling? I believe the new Terminal 2 (Green Build) is set to open soon (the estimated completion date is Summer 2013). UA was set to be the primary user of those gates (still don't know if it's the case). If so, I would think they would have a UC club there as well. I guess we will eventually find out.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/...sform-airport/
10 gates dedicated to UA. That is approaching hub territory. I like.
Old May 18, 2013, 11:54 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by rch4u
Is it possible to access the United Club in SAN - located in Terminal 1 near the legacy UA gates, behind security - when departing from a Terminal 2 legacy CO gate (35/36)?
In case you missed the answers above (after thread merge), I can tell you both times I went earlier this year had not problem going to the other terminal. Used to do this at IAH before 2 sides of Term A were joined and got used to saying "yes, I know I am at the wrong side but I am going to the Presiden't (United now) Club before my flight.

They never batted an eye, and I ended up with 2 security stamps/signatures after reclearing security the second time.

If so, I would think they would have a UC club there as well. I guess we will eventually find out.
The trend is to consolidate gates and go with one Club like at SEA.

EmailKid
Old May 18, 2013, 3:35 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Smile To clear up some confusion about breaking Security for Terminal 1 & 2!

Gates are located on the upper levels in both Terminal 1 (old UA) & 2 (old COnintental). To be combined in Terminal 2 during the Summer 2013.

The present/old United Club is presently in Terminal 1 and will be moved to Term 2 when the Gates for UA are consolidated in Term 2.
Presently, it is at the top of the escolators after Security in Terminal 1 NEAR the Gates for many UA Flights & Alaskan Air!

Is the walk worth it, that depends if you have enough time for the limited cheese & crackers with some coffee & drinks after the long walk.
Actually, I am interested in seeing the new updated improved Food Court offerings in the expanded Terminal 2 waiting area after the August 2013 Dedication and Opening.

Interesting, the Delta Club is next to the older Continental Gates in Terminal 2, and I was able to stop there for a GQQD cup of Decaf in the past!
Old May 18, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mre5765
10 gates dedicated to UA. That is approaching hub territory. I like.
SFO is about 30 gates, not including International. LAX is almost as many. Denver is 40+.

10 makes it a reasonable size station, but nowhere near a hub.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Would it be worth the time if your flying WN in T1 with wife and 14 mo old twins to visit the UA Club? Seems this thread is geared towards T2 to T1 accessibility, but thought I'd ask as we'd have to go through security twice from what I've read here.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JaysonW
Would it be worth the time if your flying WN in T1 with wife and 14 mo old twins to visit the UA Club? Seems this thread is geared towards T2 to T1 accessibility, but thought I'd ask as we'd have to go through security twice from what I've read here.
Don't think it's worth it. Though WN and UA share T1, they're in separate satellites with separate security and no connectors between the two so you'd have to clear security twice. I personally don't mind WN gate areas with the abundance of power outlets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.