Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the Club Card was replaced by the Infinite Card, the active thread is Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card

Previous thread Chase MP Club creditcard {Archive}

Related links & threads:Chase United Card Benefits and United Premier Status Benefits

EMV chip + Signature (NOT PIN) enabled cards are now available

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year $395 Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card --- new offering

Improved Tiebreaker for Upgrades Waitlist
1. Premier Status
2. Fare Class
3. Chase United Club Card Holders
4. Corporate Preferred Members
5. Chase MP Cardholders meeting spend threshold
6. Time of Request
Spoiler

United Club Infinite Card Benefits for 2022

Earn on All Purchases:
  • 4x miles on United purchases
  • 2x miles on all other travel including airfare, trains, local transit, cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, resorts, ride share services and tolls.
  • 2x miles on dining including eligible delivery services.
  • 1x mile on all other purchases
United Club membership:
  • Up to a $650 value per year. Relax in comfort while waiting for your flight with complimentary beverages, snacks, high-speed Wi-Fi and more.

Credit card travel benefits:
  • Free first and second checked bags
  • For you and a companion, save up to $320 per roundtrip.
  • Premier Access® travel services
  • Priority check-in, security, boarding, and baggage handling (where available).
  • Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® fee credit
  • 25% back on United inflight purchases
  • No foreign transaction fees
MileagePlus program benefits:
  • Earn up to 4,000 Premier qualifying points
  • Effective January 1, 2022, you’ll earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 you spend on purchases (up to 4,000 PQP in a calendar year) that can be applied toward your Premier status qualification, up to the Premier 1K level. (N.B., Does not count for PQP only 1K qualification)
  • NEW: Save 10% on United Economy Saver Awards on United and United Express flights when traveling within the continental U.S. or between the continental U.S. and Canada.
  • No blackout dates for MileagePlus members booking award flights on United.
  • MileagePlus miles don't expire

Protection benefits:
  • Travel and purchase coverage
  • Travel and shop with confidence with built-in benefits including Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Purchase Protection and more.

Other benefits:
  • Complimentary DashPass from DoorDash
  • Your card unlocks a year of complimentary DashPass, meaning you’ll get unlimited delivery from the places you love with $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders of $12 or more. After that, you are automatically enrolled in DashPass at the current monthly rate.
  • NEW: IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status
  • Starting in 2022, you will be eligible for Platinum Elite status in IHG Rewards. Plus, receive up to $75 in statement credits as reimbursement for IHG® Hotels and Resorts purchases charged to your card in 2022.
  • Cardmembers can register here: https://promo.united.com/offers/ihgstatus
  • NEW: $70 discount on CLEAR® membership. Plus earn 10,000 bonus miles if you sign up for CLEAR membership by June 30, 2022.
  • Luxury Hotels & Resort Collection:
  • Receive complimentary Cardmember benefits at luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
Exclusive Cardmember events:
  • Purchase or use miles for unique experiences offered by United Card Events from Chase and United MileagePlus Exclusives.

Annual fee:
Previous Benefits:

Easier path to status for primary cardholders
  • Four UA operated segment requirement waived removed in 2020
  • With $25K annual spend, PQD requirements waived for Plat or lower status removed in 2020
  • Earn 500 PQP for each $12,000 spent, up to 1,000 PQP -- New for 2020

Travel Benefits
Rewards
  • Earn Miles on Every Purchase (1.5 miles per $1 spent on every purchase. and a total of 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United)
  • Complimentary Upgrades on Award Tickets for Premier Members (primary Cardmember)
  • No Close-in Award Travel Booking Fees
  • Any Seat, Any Time, With Your Miles
  • Miles Don't Expire
  • Award Travel on Star Alliance (based on inventory availability)
  • Car and Hotel Awards
  • Access to Merchandise purchasing with miles

Travel Protection
  • Baggage Delay Insurance
  • Lost Luggage Reimbursement
  • Trip Delay Reimbursement
  • Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance
  • Emergency Evacuation & Transportation
  • Travel Accident Insurance
  • Travel & Emergency Assistance Services
  • Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver

Purchase Protection
  • Extended Warranty Protection
  • Price Protection
  • Purchase Protection
  • Return Protection
Cell Phone Protection (theft / damage) (starting Nov 2019

Announcement 27 March 2012
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, obviously I'm a lilttle late to the game here, but, as you can see, today we’ll officially be introducing the new United MileagePlus Club Card. I know there’s been speculation on this, and I’m sure there will be follow-up questions. To start, here are some key highlights of the United MileagePlus Club Card:
  • As the card name suggests, a full United Club membership is included. If you already have a United Club membership, once approved for the card, you’ll be refunded for any unused portion of your membership as long as the refund is $15 or more (the refund is applicable to annual and three year memberships)

• There are some key benefits, too. Just like our Presidential Plus Card, the new Club Card is designed to enhance your total travel experience. Here’s a list of the benefits (details for each can be found here):
  • Earn 50% more miles on ALL purchases. This is a new benefit. Cardmembers will earn at least 50% more miles on all purchases with the new Club Card. Specifically, for each $1 spent, Cardmembers will earn 1.5 miles, and when purchasing United tickets, the miles jump to 2 miles for every $1 spent on tickets
  • Free first and second standard checked bags for the Cardmember and one companion
  • Premier Access travel services, including priority check-in, security, boarding and baggage handling
  • Book award tickets close to the departure date without a fee. We’ll waive the fee for booking award tickets 21 days or less prior to departure. This benefit is reserved for certain Cardmembers and certain Premier levels
  • Get complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members). Cardmembers who are also Premier members will be eligible to receive their complimentary upgrade benefits (where available) even when traveling on an award ticket in economy class
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Cardmembers will have access to last-seat award availability (applicable to general members)
  • As a Cardmember, miles don’t expire
  • Invitation to special Avis benefits and Hyatt Platinum Elite status
  • Inside Access from Chase. As a Cardmember, you will be delighted with opportunities to attend private, curated, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Visit InsideAccess.com to learn about upcoming events
  • Access to the Chase’s Luxury Hotels and Resorts Collection special rates and benefits
  • Premier travel and purchase protection, including primary auto rental collision damage coverage
  • 24/7 Concierge Services

For those of you who already have a credit card with Chase, here’s some more information:

• Already have a Mileage Plus Club Visa Card? You’ll find that the key differences are that the new Club Card has the added benefits of free checked bags, Premier Access, 50% mileage bonus on all purchases, award tickets close to departure date without a fee and complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members where available). The new Club Card does not award Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases. More specific information about your current card and the new Club Card will arrive in the mail in late April

• Already have the Presidential Plus Card? The key difference is that the Presidential Plus Card awards Flexible Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases whereas the new Club Card awards a 50% mileage bonus on all purchases. Both cards earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on United tickets. If you’re interested in changing over to the new Club Card, simply call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options. While the Presidential Plus Card and its benefits will continue, we are not taking any additional applications for new Presidential Plus accounts

• Already have another United card from Chase? If you currently have another United card from Chase and want to switch, call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options

For a full list of details, and to apply for the new Club Card, please visit MileagePlusClub.com.

As always, please let us know your questions.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights[
United Airlines
How long after applying for the card before I have UC access?
Chase / UA states (Offer Details)
Please allow 2 weeks after account open date for the United Club membership to activate
but it usually is quicker. At UCs, much of the time they will see it in under a week. *A lounges may require the physical card which may take 4-6 weeks. Those accepting the virtual card should work about the same as UCs.

For comparison see PresidentialPlus credit card - Benefits, Q&A, ....[2014-2015]
and Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)
Print Wikipost

Chase MP Club credit card {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by OPFlyer
I wrote a poorly worded sentence. I meant to say, I am flying AUS-IAH with a connection in IAH to HRL. Though hopefully I can get that switched to MFE.
gotcha, my mind's at peace now. lol
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Question Adding a Spouse?

The old Presidential Plus card offered the ability to add a spouse with full membership for something like $200 extra a year. Is this still an option with the Club Card? If so, how does one go about doing that?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by iahkid2014
The old Presidential Plus card offered the ability to add a spouse with full membership for something like $200 extra a year. Is this still an option with the Club Card? If so, how does one go about doing that?
Taken from Chase's website. They don't say how much extra it will be.

Authorized users will not receive their own United Club membership and are only eligible for United Club access if they are traveling with the primary cardmember. Cardmembers may purchase a United Club spouse membership by calling the United Club Service Center at 1-866-UA-CLUBS (866-822-5827). The validity date of the spouse membership will match that of the cardmember's
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nova08
Taken from Chase's website. They don't say how much extra it will be.
It's $100 or $150 (I forget which when I joined) - thread is in the MilesBuzz forum.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by aacharya
It's $100 or $150 (I forget which when I joined) - thread is in the MilesBuzz forum.
Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
Unfortunately they just charge the spouse rate charged to normal United Club members, which went up to $200 this year.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
If anybody is wondering if the waived fee deal is still active, I got it on line today.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by last2board
If anybody is wondering if the waived fee deal is still active, I got it on line today.
+1 got a mail solicitation a couple weeks ago -- first year fee waived for Club card.
Not special code, believe it was tied to the MP account.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by penner42
I contacted @hyattconcierge on twitter on 5/15/2012, got it upgraded in about an hour. Online account showed platinum status. Only valid until 2/2013, but the offer says nothing about it only being for the first year so I'm sure I can get it renewed if needed.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Beleive it, it can work work.
I did nothing. Received the Club card late April, a month later my online Hyatt status changed and received the Hyatt Plat card a few days ago.
Interesting my Hyatt card is good till 02/2014
I tried reading every post the search pulled up for "hyatt platinum". Couldn't really find if the Hyatt Platinum status is a full year for every year you have the Club Visa?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:35 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Does anyone have a link to "Spouse Card" benefits? Can't seem to find much info about this online... just everything about authorized user. Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
Does anyone have a link to "Spouse Card" benefits? Can't seem to find much info about this online... just everything about authorized user. Thanks!
None really - just the ability to earn miles in the same account. Only way for the spouse to get priority boarding, extra bag, etc is to be traveling on the same reservation as you. Unlike Plat Amex they don't charge a fee for the spouse card, thus no real benefits attached to it.

They can get a $200 discounted United Club lounge membership though.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:31 pm

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Gotcha. But if primary cardholder books an award ticket for others, the close-in booking ticket will still be waived though (as well as having more selection) correct?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
Gotcha. But if primary cardholder books an award ticket for others, the close-in booking ticket will still be waived though (as well as having more selection) correct?
It's not supposed to by the T&C but it currently is.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by keirnna
It's not supposed to by the T&C but it currently is.
I don't know what the "T&C" say (UA can always change them whenever they want), but reduced or waived close-in fee is one of the Premier benefits listed on their website:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...r/default.aspx

It's a benefit for the person booking with miles, so you do get the benefit if you're booking with miles from a Premier account (for anyone), but you don't get the benefit if you're booking with miles from a non-Premier account (even if you're booking for a Premier member).
Old Aug 4, 2013, 9:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
....but reduced or waived close-in fee is one of the Premier benefits listed on their website:.....
Wrong T&Cs since this discussion is about close-in fee waiver for Club credit card holder and that being extended to others booked using a Club card holder miles even if not an elite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.