Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Post integration - Stand by to a co-terminal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post integration - Stand by to a co-terminal?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Yeah, from what I can tell, the substance of the relevant potion of S*FAR/STANDBY got put into the current GG STANDBY.
If you have access to the GG profiles, we should update the wiki... Anyone who can help in this regard, please PM me.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
By its express terms, SDC requires the same "airport" and does not take into account city or co-terminal.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Exceptions happen all the time. Be grateful that you got it but don't necessarily expect it the next time. :-:
I know it's not the rule, but i'm glad it did work out, my original flight ended up being delayed by a couple hours too so I was even happier I made the change.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: DL Gold
Did a same day turn MR yesterday. Return was LAX-IAD-LGA. Deplaned in LAX and the adjacent gate was finishing up boarding LAX-EWR. Asked the gate agent if I could get on. She asked my status, asked for my PNR....click, click, click....about 60 seconds later I had my boarding pass. No other questions asked. BP showed Y, although UA.com shows that it was rebooked into L.

Not sure if this was handled as a SDC or standby, but figured it was a worthy data point to post. (I found this thread trying to search whether or not I'd be able to make such a change).
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Did a same day turn MR yesterday. Return was LAX-IAD-LGA. Deplaned in LAX and the adjacent gate was finishing up boarding LAX-EWR. Asked the gate agent if I could get on. She asked my status, asked for my PNR....click, click, click....about 60 seconds later I had my boarding pass. No other questions asked. BP showed Y, although UA.com shows that it was rebooked into L.

Not sure if this was handled as a SDC or standby, but figured it was a worthy data point to post. (I found this thread trying to search whether or not I'd be able to make such a change).
But u get less miles on the new routing?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by pbd456
But u get less miles on the new routing?
Yes, fewer miles. I didn't need all of them. Happy to give up a few hundred miles to get home 2-3 hours earlier.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:00 pm

Thoughts on getting on a flight to DCA instead of BWI

Flying redeye TCON to BWI through ORD. Just learned that I may need to go to DCA instead of BWI. I won't know until I connect in ORD that morning due to factors beyond my control.

Is there a way to do this @ORD without getting hosed? Best way to proceed?

Follow up Q: does anyone know if there are shower facilities @DCA?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA G
Cross your fingers and hope for irrops. Otherwise, prepare for a change fee and fare difference.

Also, ORD UC has showers, thanks for the incorporation of the GF lounge.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
BWI is generally a much less expensive ticket than DCA. If there were a simple way to book the first and then switch your destination to the second, a lot of people would be doing it.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, 1.4MM
Check the Marc train schedule from BWI to Union station ($6) and then hop the metro from there.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by SouthPoleFlyer
Check the Marc train schedule from BWI to Union station ($6) and then hop the metro from there.
That's thinking outside the metal cylinder...
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by SouthPoleFlyer
This is a good suggestion for travel on weekdays. MARC doesn't operate on weekends, though it plans to begin limited weekend service in December. An alternative is to take the B-30 Metro bus from BWI (the airport itself, not the airport train station) nonstop to the Greenbelt Metro station and then take Metrorail from there. The bus runs every 40 minutes. I prefer the MARC train myself, but both methods work.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: United, Turkish
During the working day Amtrak trains run about every hour
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
There are no shower facilities at DCA nor are there any at BWI. Not sure what your schedule is like but grabbing MARC into DC or taking a cab is probably easiest.

When you get to ORD you could try and push the co-terminal point to a CSR but doubt they'll make it easy for you to change. Also, are you checking bags? Might behoove you to call the elite line and see if they can change for no fee but doubt it.

Think your best bet is to stick with BWI then train or cab into the Capitol.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by morelegroom
During the working day Amtrak trains run about every hour
Can be expensive though, and if you just miss one you're cooling your heels at the train station for a long time. I mostly use MARC weekdays, the B30 if I've just missed a MARC or it's the weekend, and there's also a Montgomery County bus that will take you to Shady Grove Metro for $5.00 -- handy if you have to go to NW DC, Bethesda / Rockville, etc. The Shady Grove bus is a proper intercity Greyhound-class bus, the B30 is an ordinary city transit bus whipped along at freeway speeds on the Balto-Washington parkway... the former is a preferable ride if it works for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.