Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA screwed up. Did not merge the flights and xld one they shouldnt have

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA screwed up. Did not merge the flights and xld one they shouldnt have

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by atcguy
Is there any more info on combining awards? I have 3 one ways due to limited award availability (I booked as seats came available). I'd like to combine these 3 into a round trip with a stopover, saving me a significant amount of miles, is it possible?
I've had success doing this when on an all-UA itinerary, or when there is plentiful award inventory available on a partner. Basically, two of the itineraries are canceled, and the flights added to the first one. This can be problematic because the inventory can go away for partner flights, but UA can open the inventory back up on UA metal when you go through the entire process with an agent via phone.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Critic
You're traveling with a designated hitter to visit a handheld Nintendo console?
DH = Dear Husband
DS=Dear Son

With all the crazy lingo on this board, I had to chuckle that some of you didn't get this common message board lingo used elsewhere.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Quimbydog
DH = Dear Husband
DS=Dear Son

With all the crazy lingo on this board, I had to chuckle that some of you didn't get this common message board lingo used elsewhere.
Yeah, it's just a whole different community. You'll also find that people on FlyerTalk are usually very precise in how they refer to airport codes (they will always say "AUH" and never "ABU"), in how they discuss their loyalty programs (they will practically never say "points" when they mean "miles" and they will pretty much never refer to a frequent-flyer program's benefits as "bennies"), and prepaid credit cards (they will pretty much always refer to "Vanilla reload cards" as "ice cream" unless they're travel bloggers, in which case they'll use both phrases together to help search engine optimization).
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:16 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Quimbydog
DH = Dear Husband
DS=Dear Son

perhaps there is more diversity i forums / communications than you realize, but would agree on this forum, your intent is the more common usage

DH acronyms (such as, to a kid in school, text messaging -- doing homework)

DS acronyms
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
I have learned from my wife that there are as many exotic abbreviations on "mom's" boards, cruise boards, Disney boards, etc. as there are on FT - DH/DS being two of the big ones.

Greg
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by greg99
I have learned from my wife that there are as many exotic abbreviations on "mom's" boards, cruise boards, Disney boards, etc. as there are on FT - DH/DS being two of the big ones.

Greg
There are no other forums. FT is all. :-) We have a cruise board, a Disney board, etc. Though I must admit - not sure there is a "mom" board.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Naturally, you are respnsible if you mistakenly hit "Enter" on your keyboard, but, true to form, they are not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.