FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA screwed up. Did not merge the flights and xld one they shouldnt have (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1326671-ua-screwed-up-did-not-merge-flights-xld-one-they-shouldnt-have.html)

cruisr Mar 19, 2012 5:25 pm

UA screwed up. Did not merge the flights and xld one they shouldnt have

I am beyond enraged now. I had two separate reservations for a trip to AKL with my DH to visit DS. As a 1K I can make and cancel award seats with no charge.

I had a res for EWR-SFO-SYD-AKL and a return AKL-NRT (stopover for a day)-EWR. I then found a more desirable EWR-YVR-AKL on NZ. I held that using miles. Please don't say why didnt I change it online. I tried and got a screen saying I could NOT change it online.

I called to have reservations delete the EWR-SFO-SYD-AKL. That would leave me with a reservation for AKL-NRT-EWR. I then said that I want to combine the two one way records (EWR-YVR-AKL and AKL-NRT-EWR) This seemed to stump them. It was done with NO PROBLEM previously by CO res agents on this an other itineraries.

The res agent was sick of waiting on hold for their faring dept and he said it would be taken care of, my miles for the value of the one way award would be returned and all would be good.

WRONG. They cancelled my AKL-NRT but kept the NRT-EWR. How the heck am I supposed to get to NRT now???? They also charged me 140K each and said I am not entitled to a refund of miles. What the blank?

I am yet again on hold and they are trying to find me seats from AKL-NRT.

I have HAD IT.....

aisleorwindow Mar 19, 2012 5:53 pm

That sucks, and I can understand you being upset.

But, what is the point/value of combining the two one-ways?

Why not just leave them as two one-way awards and be done with it?

kwildnj Mar 19, 2012 5:56 pm

This is a prime example why you shouldn't ever hang up with an agent, no matter how long you are on hold, until you either a) get a confirmation e-mail with the itinerary, or b) see the reservation online, ticketed how it should be.

cruisr Mar 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by g_leyser (Post 18233023)
That sucks, and I can understand you being upset.

But, what is the point/value of combining the two one-ways?

Why not just leave them as two one-way awards and be done with it?

1. it would have been more miles than a RT
2. they could not do a stopover on a one way

I am soooo beyond annoyed. I will bring all my records to the IAH P club tomorrow. Maybe they can help.

Originally Posted by kwildnj (Post 18233052)
This is a prime example why you shouldn't ever hang up with an agent, no matter how long you are on hold, until you either a) get a confirmation e-mail with the itinerary, or b) see the reservation online, ticketed how it should be.

I didnt hang up on him he told me he had to hang up.

mduell Mar 19, 2012 8:08 pm

There is no combining records, just like there's no linking records.

I doubt the United Club will be of much help.

cruisr Mar 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by mduell (Post 18233794)
There is no combining records, just like there's no linking records.

I doubt the United Club will be of much help.

When it was CO they did combine two one way records into a RT record and thus saved points over two one ways.

I have yet to speak to someone who was a CO employee, since the merger. I can tell you for a fact, as I have done it in the past, CO WAS able to combine two one ways into a RT

craz Mar 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr (Post 18233828)
When it was CO they did combine two one way records into a RT record and thus saved points over two one ways.

I have yet to speak to someone who was a CO employee, since the merger. I can tell you for a fact, as I have done it in the past, CO WAS able to combine two one ways into a RT

1- I have to give Credit when its due and whenever PMCO messed up my award flights COInsider+ would look at my record and if they saw taht indded CO messed it up, never once did they not offer me a seat even if they pulled it from Rev.

2- That said I wouldnt be surprised if the New CO (UA) adopted PMUAs rules since its benefical to the company and wont allow combining of 2 1 way reses as a single r/t tkt. What was was, so Im sure they would reinstate what you had on the r/t tkt if they messed up (providing you can reach COI) but maybe wont allow what you are trying to do any longer.

the T&Cs of PMCO and PMUA are just that PM and now theres a whole new set of T&Cs taking some from each side

Maybe you will be lucky and CO maintained this from PMCO

kwildnj Mar 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr (Post 18233828)

I do not think that your previous reservation was indeed combined, but instead, one of the two situations occurred:

Ticket from A-B and B-A were cancelled, miles manually recredited, then a new A-B-A ticket was issued.

Ticket from B-A was cancelled, miles manually recredited, and then A-B ticket was modified to include A-B-A.

Critic Mar 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr (Post 18232861)
I am beyond enraged now. I had two separate reservations for a trip to AKL with my DH to visit DS. As a 1K I can make and cancel award seats with no charge.

You're traveling with a designated hitter to visit a handheld Nintendo console?

bmvaughn Mar 19, 2012 9:18 pm

This is a new one to me - since when is two one ways more than an RT? Thought everything priced as one ways now.

pbd456 Mar 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn (Post 18234135)
This is a new one to me - since when is two one ways more than an RT? Thought everything priced as one ways now.

when you booked as RT, you can get one stopover and one open-jaw.

if you have A-B and then B-C-D where C is a stopover, when you combine them it is cheaper, then paying 2 one-ways where the second one-way is really price is two one-ways.

SiberianTiger Mar 19, 2012 9:54 pm

wow, that sucks :(

fastair Mar 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Critic (Post 18234116)
You're traveling with a designated hitter to visit a handheld Nintendo console?

LOL...I don't know what they are either. I thought "daughter's husband" (son in law) to visit daughter's sister (which would be his other duaghter?) I like your explanation better.

atcguy Jan 16, 2013 10:54 am

Is there any more info on combining awards? I have 3 one ways due to limited award availability (I booked as seats came available). I'd like to combine these 3 into a round trip with a stopover, saving me a significant amount of miles, is it possible?

sbm12 Jan 16, 2013 11:02 am

Originally Posted by atcguy (Post 20059456)
Is there any more info on combining awards? I have 3 one ways due to limited award availability (I booked as seats came available). I'd like to combine these 3 into a round trip with a stopover, saving me a significant amount of miles, is it possible?

Not really. You can try, but I wouldn't bet on it working.

Next time just change the one award once you get it started.